Adding Custom Variables to Inspector

Ok think I have seen this before, but I am struggling to find how to add say a few boolean variables to the Inspector so other programmers can flick the switch from true/false as options during design time? I have right clicked on a window and have seen the “Inspector Behavior” but I hadn’t been able to have any of those new options I selected showing up on the inspector in the IDE. Thanks!!

Ah found it in the User Guide Page 31.
http://41160df63757fc043cfd-66287f38a83954e31a54d1dbe33e0650.r4.cf2.rackcdn.com/Documentation/UserGuide-Fundamentals.pdf

Inspector behavior shows the list of variables but I see nowhere how to add them to the inspector…

Right click / Control click on the class in the navigator pane and select “Inspector Behavior”. You can reorder the properties in the inspector view, create new headings, and check/uncheck the properties you want displayed/hidden.

The inspector pane does not reflect the additional headings, nor does it reflect order change. Unchecked variables are not hidden…

Well, I can live with that. Was just curious, I guess that feature simply does not work.

Tim where should those selected properties show up on the IDE inspector? Thanks!

[quote=80327:@Michel Bujardet]The inspector pane does not reflect the additional headings, nor does it reflect order change. Unchecked variables are not hidden…

Well, I can live with that. Was just curious, I guess that feature simply does not work.[/quote]
If you are doing this with an existing instance in a window then you will not see the Inspector Changes immediately. Drop a new instance of your class on the window and you will see the new Inspector properties in the Inspector pane.

I have been creating different classes for a long time and modify the Inspector behaviour frequently and I don’t have these problems.

Ah, thanks Simon. I’ll give that a try as my “impatience” takes over most times I tried :slight_smile:

Each instance gets a copy of the inspector behavior at the time it is created. The changes affect subsequent instances, not existing ones.

[quote=80341:@Simon Berridge]f you are doing this with an existing instance in a window then you will not see the Inspector Changes immediately. Drop a new instance of your class on the window and you will see the new Inspector properties in the Inspector pane.

[/quote]

That is the small detail which changes everything. Thank you :slight_smile: