Add description field to Project Chooser

28787 - Add description field to Project Chooser

I would really like to see the project chooser include a project description. I don’t want to file a new feature request since this one already exists but I’d like to add my support for it.

Is there a way to elevate a feature request by voting for it?

The example projects included with Xojo would benefit from a simple description as the purpose of many of these projects are not obvious.

-Wes

+1

1. simple addition:
    Add a field to display informations the developer can type about (what [s]he want)that project

2. complex version
    Display data from the project:
    Number of windows
    Number of Class,
    Number of Modules,
    Number of File Type Set,
    Number of dropped images,
    etc.

[quote=385988:@Emile Schwarz]1. simple addition:
Add a field to display informations the developer can type about (what [s]he want)that project

1. complex version
    Display data from the project:
    Number of windows
    Number of Class,
    Number of Modules,
    Number of File Type Set,
    Number of dropped images,
    etc.[/quote]
  • 1: Display the App Icon? :wink:

Wes, you can add that case to your ‘My Top Cases’ to vote for it.

Also the example projects could include a Note in it to explain a little what the example is doing. I don’t understand what some examples do or if anything has to add/change to make them work.

Sasha: it will be a bit difficult 'cause icons can be added after the build (Post Build Script).

Alberto: and in the end, Xojo will decide.

In this case, you won’t see it in the Project Chooser :wink:

Thanks for that info. I added “28787 - Add description field to Project Chooser” to “My Top Cases”.

That is exactly why I want this feature. The example projects need some sort of synopsis attached to them to indicate what they demonstrate specifically.

I really like the way Xojo lets you attach a “Note” to items within a project. I find that Notes are a great way to keep technical data and documentation relating to controls, classes etc. near the objects themselves.

Adding a little more meta-data about the entire project that displays in the project chooser would be a logical extension of this idea.

-Wes