Add buttons to Xojo Toolbar

How do I add new buttons to the Xojo toolbar?

I just downloaded Xojo, moving from RS2012 and for the life of me I can´t seem to add new buttons to the toolbar. Any ideas?

Not possible for now.

That sucks big time. Thanks for your answer.

Just for clarification: Do you mean standard toolbar buttons or pushbuttons in the toolbar? The first of course works, the latter requires declares.

Forget my comment, just realized you’re talking about the IDE’s toolbar :slight_smile:

Hello all,
Has any movement been planned for this? Feedback 27468 has existed for 6 months and has been reviewed, but I have not seen any action. The size of toolbar is a literal waste of space, and the fact that there is no save button also makes it virtually useless - and therefore a genuine waste of space!

Can anyone advise if this is anywhere in the queue and what the eta is?

Thanks,
Tim

Hide it.

Excellent suggestion. Doesn’t solve the underlying problem. That’s a potentially valuable piece of screen real estate that is just lying fallow right now. Xojo should capitalize on it. C’mon, delight us! (Said in best Seth Godin voice.)

I do agree with that, but I primarily code on a laptop so I don’t want the toolbar even if it was useful. :wink:

Besides, hiding it forced me to learn the keyboard shortcuts for switching between the Library and Inspector which is way more effective than clicking the little buttons.

Nice.

[quote=56598:@Marc Zeedar]I do agree with that, but I primarily code on a laptop so I don’t want the toolbar even if it was useful. :wink:

Besides, hiding it forced me to learn the keyboard shortcuts for switching between the Library and Inspector which is way more effective than clicking the little buttons.[/quote]
Part 1: I understand as I also am on a laptop.

Part 1:

VERY EASY:
cmd-l for library
cmd-i for inspector

Was this possible under Real Studio (or rb ?) ?

Yes.

Hi Tim,

sorry to ask again, but it was possible to add buttons in Real Studio IDE ?

BTW: what time (in the night) is it in Portland right now ?

Yeah, it was View -> Main Toolbar -> Customize. You could add buttons as you needed for your workflow.

And it’s too damn late here in PDX. Insomnia sucks. Go away, new year’s cold!

Here (Strasbourg, France / Germany border), it is 11; 1 hour to go to eat (to lunch).
No Snow, yet, but rain (yesterday and in the next six days, probably).

Customize… Arhhhhh I do not understoud ! Yes, I know that (elsewhere, Safari for example), but I think I never tried it in Real Studio… / use it.

Yes - the old IDE used a custom canvas based toolbar - not a native one.
So we could make it do whatever - in a non-platform correct way.

1. It worked,
  2. No one complains

So, "it was good"…

Marc,
Hiding it does not solve the problem. Alright, it will give back some space. But the real solution - IMO - is to make it smaller in height AND customizable so that, for example, a SAVE button could be added.
Hiding it also does not provide for a RUN command either.

I too work on a notebook. But the issue would be the same with most any screen size.
So Norman, is it NOT possible to make that tool bar a bit more functional?

Tim

Yes, I would like it if it could a be a text-only tiny button bar and I could add more useful buttons to it. That would be great.