Add a bookmark to an element of the Xojo IDE

Hi Xojoers, I would like to known if there is any possibility to put a link to any window or any controller into the xojo IDE.
For example, I often switch from a window to another , from a method to another and find them every time into the navigator panel is frustrating ( at least for me ! ) .
Why don’t add the possibility to add a “bookmark” to a procedure or control or element in general to quickly find it ?
I hope that is it clear. Thanks

Right-click on the line in the gutter and hit Add Bookmark.

You know, there’s a number of great resources for beginners.

First, if you’re an absolute beginner to programming, there’s the textbook. It teaches you to program as well as use Xojo at the same time. Great two-in-one system.

There’s also a manual that comes with Xojo that teaches you the ins and outs of using the IDE, the language, and the features within. You can find that in the Documentation folder next to your installation of Xojo. There’s also an online reference http://documentation.xojo.com

Lastly, when you’re ready to learn from examples, there’s a folder full of example projects next to your Xojo install called “Example Projects” It helps when you don’t intend to reinvent the wheel. Do not copy and paste code from example projects, that won’t help you at all.

Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

You also have a Tab Bar, View->Show Tab Bar. Then you have a + that you can use to add Tabs to keep track of other views.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

Anyway , why the Tab Bar is not enabled by default ?
:slight_smile:

To make it less confusing for beginners. I think it’s easier to use tabs all the time but I know some will disagree.

I also prefer to use tabs, but one oddity(?) about them in Xojo’s IDE is not all tabs are created equal.