ActiveRecord: Class does not have a table registered for it

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to get a web project off the ground with the help of ARGen and ActiveRecord. I’ve been able to load the DB successfully but the app is failing at some point when I try to load a listbox with the data from one of my tables.

After running the db file through ARGen and loading the classes on my web project, I add a build step to copy the db to the app’s parent folder for debugging.

The db file has a number of tables, but I’m interested on the one called t_need. It has a number of attributes, including stitle (TEXT) and it is already preloaded with a couple of records.

This is what I have on App’s Open() event (Console shows DB loads ok when I run it):

dim f as FolderItem = GetFolderItem("db.sqlite")

if f <> nil then
    if Data.OpenDB(f) = True then
      System.DebugLog "DB file loaded successfully"
    else
      System.DebugLog "DB file NOT loaded"
    end if
  end if

And this is the code I have been trying to use in the Open() event of the main page containing the listbox:

lbMain.DeleteAllRows()

For each oRecord as Data.t_need in Data.t_need.List()
    lbMain.AddRow oRecord.stitle
    lbMain.RowTag(lbMain.LastIndex) = oRecord
  Next

When I run the code above, I get a nil object exception at the line below:

ex.Message = "Class does not have a table registered for it: " + ty.FullName

Ideas?

Have you Registered the Table with ActiveRecord? It’s usually part of the Data module.

It looks like ARGen has done that work already. This is from Data.OpenDB(f as FolderItem)

//Register the tables with ActiveRecord
  Register( gdb )

And from Data.Register(db as SQLiteDatabase)

BKS_ActiveRecord.Table( db, "t_need", GetTypeInfo( t_need ) )

All I can say is that it’s not being called. Follow in the Register method in the debugger to verify that it’s actually being registered.

Another thought: Is it possible that you’re referencing another table in the t_need object and the referenced table is what’s not registered?

No luck. It looks like the Register() call is being executed:

The t_need table has user_id and region_id columns that link to t_user/t_region tables but both are also being registered in the Register() method.

If you can send me the project I can help diagnose. Try support at bkeeney dot com.