ACTIVE X

Doubtful anything from VB6 will move to the 64bit world… Heck a lot of that was even 16bit if I recall

In this case Xojo loose all Vb6 ocx (32bits).
Even the compiler, since win 7 vb6 does not work … , still working on my computer under Xp (virtualbox) while migration
in progress.

This is not quite right. I am able to support a VB6 application on Win 7 (with the VB6 IDE) and I am still able to run VB6 applications on Win 10. I am working on the Xojo port of the last of my VB6 apps. It is very difficult to install the VB6 IDE on 64-bit OSes. In order to still run the IDE, I have a Win 7 32-bit VM. I use an Advanced Installer script to generate installers for the programs I still need to maintain.

As I said, it is more difficult (albeit not impossible) to install and run VB6 apps on 64-bit and the end is nearer every day. But VB6 applications are still alive on Win 10, even 64-bit. Within a few months, I am going to have Xojo replacements (upgrades, actually!) for all of my VB6 apps. The end can come.

Great @Louis Desjardins … I (long ago), and quite some of us coming from VB6 too, you fill find a lot of support when you might have questions.

[quote=399422:@Louis Desjardins]This is not quite right. I am able to support a VB6 application on Win 7 (with the VB6 IDE) and I am still able to run VB6 applications on Win 10. I am working on the Xojo port of the last of my VB6 apps. It is very difficult to install the VB6 IDE on 64-bit OSes. In order to still run the IDE, I have a Win 7 32-bit VM. I use an Advanced Installer script to generate installers for the programs I still need to maintain.

As I said, it is more difficult (albeit not impossible) to install and run VB6 apps on 64-bit and the end is nearer every day. But VB6 applications are still alive on Win 10, even 64-bit. Within a few months, I am going to have Xojo replacements (upgrades, actually!) for all of my VB6 apps. The end can come.[/quote]

Vb6(fr) is installed on my computer win 7 pro, it’s still running but very difficult to load any project lot of “loading error …”
Some times when i call “simple project” it runs, no more !
I am curious to know how you have succeeded to do it …

What is usually failing to install is all the DLL’s and activeX because the VB6 installer is just too old. One step that saves a lot of headaches is to install them ahead of installing the VB6 IDE (or even a VB6 application). Look up VB6 Extended Runtime on SourceForge. Their package contains all we need and more. I usually do not install third party libraries, but you may need them. I scanned it with 3 different up to date AV. It seems to be clean.

Thank you @Joost Rongen I have been on the forum for a few years already and indeed received expert help from several forum members and sometimes Xojo engineers. This community is definitely one big reason to stay with Xojo.

Real solution i hope to run Vb6 under win 7, however … , no useful response on the web.
Thank you for all.

I had video Activex object used in C#, and I can use it in XOJO desktop?
What i did for XOJO is:
Menu insert -> ActiveX component…
Select Active X (dll) and Xojo created module/object that able to use for me, I saw it all are inserted inside the moduel, but I have no idea how to move that object into the working form? is anyone can help? thank you so much.

Thanks again.