Activate/Deactivate event doesn't fire

[quote=163679:@Jason King]I was going to add some of the delegate methods that deal with notifications but that is going to take additional work in creating a few separate classes so I’m actually going to leave it for a later time.
Here is the project:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ornbgst9rmme6t7/improved%20iosapplication.xojo_binary_project?dl=0
To use simply add the class to your project and change the super of the App object in your project from iOSApplication to ImprovedIOSApplication. Then implement the events you want and that’s it.
Enjoy![/quote]

Thanks for researching this and providing the solution Jason! Also thanks for keeping the file public on your Dropbox.

Greetings all.

I would like to get push notifications working in my iOS app, but Jason’s app is now out of date and doesn’t work. I think it may be a 64 bit thing.

What is needed is a definitive guide on this subject Has anyone out there done similar?

Is there any chance this app can be updated?

Cheers
Grant

Last I knew it worked, and it worked for both 32/64 bit. Do you have any other details? Was it working before but now isn’t with a new version or iOS or Xojo? There are several people who have gotten notifications working so I’m interested in what is going wrong for you.

Edit: please make sure to copy the ImprovedIOSApplication class from the project (and notifications classes too) and get rid of everything else and replace it with the Modules folder from iOSKit. There was indeed an issue there but the underlying class still works.

Jason,

Thank you sincerely for your response. I have followed your instructions and my app can be compiled with no errors, although there are a few warnings.

Now to get the actual notifications working.

Cheers
Grant

If you upgraded to 2018r4 from an earlier version, that’s likely the cause. We updated the SDK versions to iOS 12 and macOS 10.14 to give users the ability to use the latest apis, but it also means that some of the older deprecated stuff is no longer working.

@Grant Singleton - you ought to start a new thread as notifications are different from activate / deactivate.