about feedback case 42044

Hello,
anyone caring to improve the rank of <https://xojo.com/issue/42044> (Closing a window containing pagepanel does not release memory usage)?
At present rank is 285.

In short: when you open a window containing a pagepanel with several panels and move from one to another panel, memory increases, and it does not get released when closing the window.
And the more objects in the panels, the more increases the memory.

At least if we could have a workaround…

@Carlo Rubini — Well there are SO many bugs that should never happen in any language, yet nobody cares at Xojo !

Ouch.

[quote=456205:@Carlo Rubini]Hello,
anyone caring to improve the rank of <https://xojo.com/issue/42044> (Closing a window containing pagepanel does not release memory usage)?
At present rank is 285.

In short: when you open a window containing a pagepanel with several panels and move from one to another panel, memory increases, and it does not get released when closing the window.
And the more objects in the panels, the more increases the memory.

At least if we could have a workaround…[/quote]
Carlo, I’m looking at the case notes for that case and I see that some work was done already. Is it in fact still leaking memory?

Yes. With a two-panel window it is about 3M, but with several panels and many objects it can be 10M.

But actually it depends on the number of objects and on the iteration (i.e. if you move from pagepanel.value = 0 to 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on.

Thank you for looking into the matter.

It certainly feels that way out here on this side of the feedback app …

For most Xojo engineers its been a month or more (excepting Greg) since their last post on the forums never mind specifically about the betas
The “conversation” seems to have stopped
And that contributes to the “no one cares” perception - I dont believe its true but silence doesnt help alleviate that perception

R2 is what it is and we’ll get it this way
That I’m certain of

Once it lands make your plans from there

[quote=456348:@Norman Palardy]R2 is what it is and we’ll get it this way
That I’m certain of

Once it lands make your plans from there[/quote]

If it were today, based on feedbacks, my plan would be to wait for R2.1

They are working on in, about every FBR i posted i got response pretty quick. Stay in the race, report what you see and be as helpfull as you can (reproduce steps etc).

Xojo should be ware that we are it’s users and not it’s actual testers. It’s not a kickstarter product, it’s a product we use to build software with so an expectation of a stable product is there!

I do certainly want a stable R2 as it’s that or nothing.

clients have already decided “no 2019r2 for the foreseeable future” so its already off the table for future work
no point trying their code in it with that decision
and that will likely show up in Xojo’s revenue since there’s no point in me or them updating either