AAA crash

Suddenly the IDE shows code as A characters only. I’m on OSX 10.10.3 with Xojo 2015r2.1, version control format (.xojo_project) :

Shortly before I was dragging an AppleScript file to the navigation area, but I cannot determine whether the issue is linked to this.

Then I restored the project with Time Machine, to the existing folder. After restarting the project, on some windows the controls had lost their background property and turned into yellow:

Then I deleted the whole project folder and restored again from Time Machine. Now it is working fine again.

Has anybody seen something like this before?

Did your git client tell you that something changed?

The yellow background is something I already experienced a couple of times.
It happened always on Windows IDE and after copying/pasting a window from a project to another.
But I can’t determine what cause this.

Well, now it is to late to check … I already overwrote the whole project folder with the time machine backup.

You should have saved it somewhere to submit a bug report. That could have helped find out what happened.

It is possible the yellow comes from a shift in color notation.

&cFFFFFF shifted left as &cFFFF00 gives yellow.

Third time today edit is blocked. The bug was just under the carpet :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=187285:@Michel Bujardet]
It is possible the yellow comes from a shift in color notation.

&cFFFFFF shifted left as &cFFFF00 gives yellow.[/quote]

I agree, this is most likely the cause. There was an old bug in RS causing wrong conversion of old color values without alpha component to the new notation with alpha information. Basically a color like &cFFFFFF00 was sometimes converted to &cFFFF00.
The old bug is now closed, but I believe it’s still there in some part of the code. Just difficult to scoop.