64 Bit Application Support - Xojo Feedback

Since 64 bit application support is now scheduled and announced for 2015 release, it may be prudent to use our feedback points to nudge up some other items on the feedback ranks. Same goes for PDF support. Now these are scheduled, I doubt Xojo will stop developing them if they suddenly slide down the feedback ranking.

You don’t think they’ll be, “We are committed to releasing the new 64-bit… oh, look! Squirrel!”

Mike:

these are scheduled since… last year or the year before…

On the other hand, thei have so many things on their plate that it is IMHO not a good idea to “wait for the release of the Xojo version that will have these features included”.

Did I miss something about PDF support? What’s coming?

You didn’t. It’s just near the top requested cases in Feedback.

Oops! I read this about 30 seconds after waking up and thought he said PDF support was coming. That’ll teach me to read before waking up!

I did the same thing the other night but 30 seconds before i was going to sleep. The result wasn’t pretty :confused:

When I look at <https://xojo.com/issue/10701> Add ability to Export PDFs, I see that the status is Scheduled.
I’m assuming that means something is coming. I see no other reason why it would be scheduled.

[quote=154377:@Dirk Cleenwerck]When I look at Feedback Case #10701 Add ability to Export PDFs, I see that the status is Scheduled.
I’m assuming that means something is coming. I see no other reason why it would be scheduled.[/quote]

It’s been scheduled a LONG TIME…

I get by with some old open source PDF classes and have been holding off on more waiting…

Hi Karen,
which one do you recommend?

[quote=154385:@Torsten Gaidies]Hi Karen,
which one do you recommend?[/quote]

I use the open source predecessor to the one Bob Keneey is selling. The original author’s project was originally open source before he went commercial… then he basically abandoned it for a number of years and then Bob acquired the rights to the commercial code and updated it.

As i don’t have all the original documentation (lost to in a disk crash) so don’t think I can distribute the old open source version.

• karen

I guess I need to dust off the PDF class I was writing :slight_smile:

It mimics the XOJO Graphic object as far as propertys and methods go… and I had it 98% complete, with only one outstanding issue, and that was I could not get it to include a graphic IMAGE, it generated a corrupt PDF and I could never track down why.

It even supported Object2D, FigureShape etc… just wrote to a PDF file instead of a Picture or Graphic Object

[quote=154382:@Karen Atkocius]It’s been scheduled a LONG TIME…

I get by with some old open source PDF classes and have been holding off on more waiting…[/quote]

i use wkhtmltopdf and it work very well.

if you need PDF, why not get DynaPDF Starter with the OmegaBundle?

I’ve been looking at this. $399 is tough for me to swallow but I think there’s enough in there I might actually go for it this time around. :slight_smile:

yeah I REALLY need to dust mine off :slight_smile: