2018r4 - Darkmode

[quote=418702:@Dave S]When in light mode. the text is black on a black background making it unusable

plus if it causes a problem or not… it is a bug in how Xojo handles the transition…[/quote]

it seems the when you transition, Xojo is not properly setting the color theme for non-active windows. I changed from dark to light, then opened the code editor for a button action. the window background was LIGHT, but the text colors where for DARK (ie. white text on a now white background… THAT is a show stopper)… solution is to tranistion back to dark then light with that window active

As i said before, you could disable Dark Mode for the IDE and switch back and forth without having those “effects”. And this should be only a workaround until this is fixed. I did not say that this will fix the issue. :slight_smile:

Far from making advertisements, but might I invite you to have a look at CStruecolors?
You’ll find methods for inserting pictures as a template image into Pushbuttons and other controls, and a reliable DM color handling too. Even for Windows High Contrast Modes, but not for Windows Dark Mode. If it is just about templates, tell me if you need assistance.

[quote=418904:@Ulrich Bogun]Far from making advertisements, but might I invite you to have a look at CStruecolors ?
[/quote]

Why not make advertisements? I’ll definitely have a look soon. Not in the next 3 days maybe, but soon thereafter!

Viele Grüße nach Berlin,

Jan :slight_smile: