2018r1 Ghost Help Tag

I have a project on Mac OS that I just tried on Xojo 2018r1.

When running the application and selecting lines in a listbox a small help tag flickers by with the text “Multiline Label”.

I had to make a movie to be able to see it.

I have other listboxes where this not happens. I’m not sure if it is the listbox that triggers the behaviour since selecting a line displays a container control.

So: If someone at Xojo accidentally left something behind :slight_smile: let me know.

If not I have to start to break down the project.

FWIW: I just quit the IDE and saw two or three Ghost Help Tags.

Report it via Feedback. Attach the movie.

[quote=383367:@Dan Berghult]I have a project on Mac OS that I just tried on Xojo 2018r1.

When running the application and selecting lines in a listbox a small help tag flickers by with the text “Multiline Label”.

I had to make a movie to be able to see it.

I have other listboxes where this not happens. I’m not sure if it is the listbox that triggers the behaviour since selecting a line displays a container control.

So: If someone at Xojo accidentally left something behind :slight_smile: let me know.

If not I have to start to break down the project.[/quote]
Are you setting the help tags on that listbox? If so, are they text literals or are they coming from another source?

<https://xojo.com/issue/51967>

"A Ghost Help Tooltip is sliding over the screen when a project is opened, closed, or when a view is changed in the IDE.

The same happens in built applications so it is not just in the IDE."

I saw a version of that problem using Xojo 2017r3 on my Mac running 10.9
I mentioned it in case 51322 when logging issues relating to 10.9 but it looks like it hasn’t been addressed.

I been on 2016r4.1 until now so this was the first time I saw it.
I’m on Mac OS 10.10

I had that once on an older release. Reinstall helped and clearing the cache

FWIW: Tried to clear cache: No change. I did not try reinstall as it was just installed.

We have several customers who have encountered the problem.
Always with macOS 10.10

Benoit: I’ve added your comment to the Feedback case. i hope that is OK.