2018 MBP for 850 euros?

Hi,

Someone (I don’t know) is offering me a second hand 2018 MBP (model A1990) for 850 euros, which seems suspiciously low, right?

I thought it could be a stolen computer so I asked about the remaining warranty and the seller replied it still has 8 months left …

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Julen

ask again about who it was stolen from as that seems ridiculously low

Ask for the pickup address and a landline number to call - thieves don’t like to tell you those.

Ask for the computer’s details and serial number for a “Transfer of ownership” document that they will need to sign (with name and address of course).

And don’t walk with a wad of cash into a place you don’t know. If there is a bank close by then go there and get the money out there to pay (the security cameras will then have the seller on record).

Thanks for your replies. I wasn’t even looking for a MBP, just saw it and got tempted by the low price, but I am going to pass.

Julen

I saw MacBook Air 2018 (not Retina) on sale for this price on Darty and FNAC (France), last week.

I think you are right.

[quote=452967:@Markus Winter]Ask for the pickup address and a landline number to call - thieves don’t like to tell you those.

Ask for the computer’s details and serial number for a “Transfer of ownership” document that they will need to sign (with name and address of course).

And don’t walk with a wad of cash into a place you don’t know. If there is a bank close by then go there and get the money out there to pay (the security cameras will then have the seller on record).[/quote]

I’m not sure of the value of a landline number as proof of anything these days.
I haven’t had a proper landline for years though I do have a landline number with a local geographical area code (you can set one up in minutes for very little cost)

[quote=452968:@Julen Ibarretxe Uriguen]Thanks for your replies. I wasn’t even looking for a MBP, just saw it and got tempted by the low price, but I am going to pass.

Julen[/quote]

Good call. I’d be wondering if the guy even has an MBP to sell.

That’s $938.02 in USD and If I saw that price listed my first gut instinct is stolen/fraud (unless it was in Ebay auction format with reputable seller)

Walk away