2016 r1 plugin problems

Not reporting it that way is a good way to make sure it doesn’t get looked into

I’ve done some tests and it looks like it’s the dreaded Windows max DLL problem again. 2016r1 must load more DLL than previous versions which is why my plugins won’t work on 2016r1 but do on 2015r4.1 and earlier.

Xojo are going to have to address this issue for Windows users. A ‘Plugin Manager’ type interface where Xojo would tell you what plugins are actually being used would help.

Cheers
Grant

Already exists
Look in the About window

[quote=261820:@Norman Palardy]Already exists
Look in the About window[/quote]

This is no Plugin Management;)

From previous posts i know than a Plugin Manager is no simple task, but maybe Xojo can throw a warning if not all Plugins could be loaded?

Whats present in the IDE is a list of whats loaded.
Cant tell you whats USED until, at the earliest, compile time - since one project may use some plugins and a second project that is also opened may use completely different ones. Say a console one & a GUI one may use entirely different ones.

And, the compiler only puts the ones in your built app the ones that are used

But you agree it would be nice if the IDE would show something like “Caution! Only X of Y Plugins loaded!” + a Link to some information regarding possible OS DLL limits?

This could maybe help Users which do not know of such issues, to find the cause of such errors at compile time much easier. :slight_smile: