2016 file won't work in 2019

I had to get 2019 because 2016 would NOT work with the latest MacOS.
I have a very important file made in 2016. It seems I cannot access it even in 2016.
Do I have to start over from scratch with the GUI, can I copy and paste the code for all the buttons.
Let me know if there is a better way, thanks

I’m able to use files from much older versios (such as 2011R3) in 2019R1, so I suspect something else is wrong.

We need to know what exact steps are you taking, and what exact results you see.

[quote=433728:@Shawn Brady]I had to get 2019 because 2016 would NOT work with the latest MacOS.
I have a very important file made in 2016. It seems I cannot access it even in 2016.
Do I have to start over from scratch with the GUI, can I copy and paste the code for all the buttons.
Let me know if there is a better way, thanks[/quote]
Please contact us directly through hello@xojo.com about this issue.

Usually new versions open older versions, so I guess I did something. I’ll poke around and see if I can figure it out, otherwise…………standby to code all weekend. thanks.

[quote=433728:@Shawn Brady]I had to get 2019 because 2016 would NOT work with the latest MacOS.
I have a very important file made in 2016. It seems I cannot access it even in 2016. [/quote]
How do you help your customers if they just say “it does not work” or “I can’t access it”?
Do you get an error message when opening the project? If so, then go with @Greg O’Lone 's suggestion and get in contact with Xojo. Or at least write what exactly what you’re trying to to, what happens when doing that, and/or how it does “not work” as expected.

All we can do are wild guesses. Maybe it’s just that you try to open the project using the Menu “File -> Open”, and the file picker doesn’t allow you to pick your project file (maybe because it’s extension is .rbp/.rbvcp)? If so, then just drag-and-drop the .rbp/.rbvcp file on the running Xojo.app in the dock. It’s a known issue that the “old project extensions” don’t always get registered properly… such as it happened to be the cause in this forum thread. And even if it’s a .xojo_binary_project or .xojo_project you could try to open it that way.

Did you run Disk utilities application ?

The “file” (as asked earlier):
is it a project file ? (error message)
Did you double click on it ? What happens (error message)
Did you drop it above Xojo icon (in all ways) ? (error message)
Did you use File --> Open ? (error message)

Latest macOS (Mojave): is it the last beta ? (error message)

In your (old, non 2019r1), are-you able to open it ? (error message)
If so, can you export it to another file format (binary, xml or bas) (error message)

As Jürg wrote above, the list of question is … vaste !

That remember me an application (for a phone support service) a friend was developing around 30 years ago: each question leads to another until the software propose a solution and