2014r1 causing new issues with MouseDown in WebContainers?

I searched Feedback and didn’t find anything so I wanted to post on the forums first to see if anyone else was having this issue.

I have a WebContainer that contains a WebCheckbox (among other things). I want any click within the container to toggle the checkbox. So in the WebContainer’s MouseDown event I have:

CHSelected.Value=not CHSelected.Value

In previous versions this worked fine. In 2014r1, if you click on the actual checkbox, the MouseDown event will fire for both the Checkbox and the WebContainer (which I assume it shouldn’t). This causes the checkbox to perform its standard toggle, and then the WebContainer to immediately do a second toggle and switch the checkbox back to the initial state.

The 2014r1 release notes say nothing about changes to handling these events, and nothing about letting every control and the container get a MouseDown event. I’ve made a workaround by adding a separate boolean flag to the container that will prevent some events from doing anything, but this is obviously messy and unwanted.

Is this a bug or just a change in the way MouseDown events are handled within WebContainers?

[quote=77879:@Tom Iwaniec]I have a WebContainer that contains a WebCheckbox (among other things). I want any click within the container to toggle the checkbox. So in the WebContainer’s MouseDown event I have:

CHSelected.Value=not CHSelected.Value
[/quote]

It works here…

I just tried it in a blank project and you are correct, it worked fine.

In my project, though it is a Webcontainer (for a row) within a Webcontainer (for an improved WebListBox) within a WebDialog. Apparently the issue lies somewhere therein.