13r3.3 Startup painfully slow on Windows 7

Xojo 13r3.3 is taking a very long time to start. The Normal startup and plugin load is the same, but once the Project Chooser dialog appears, the mouse goes into spinner mode and sometimes the app get the dreaded “Not Responding” status for up to 4 minutes. I’m working on a brand new 8 core Xeon system with 8GB and PCI-e SSD storage running Windows 7 Ultimate (fully patched) and there is only one Xojo project on the system.

I’ve also tried running as Administrator with the same long startup.

Anyone else recognizing this on their Windows system?

[quote=46043:@Tim Jones]Xojo 13r3.3 is taking a very long time to start. The Normal startup and plugin load is the same, but once the Project Chooser dialog appears, the mouse goes into spinner mode and sometimes the app get the dreaded “Not Responding” status for up to 4 minutes. I’m working on a brand new 8 core Xeon system with 8GB and PCI-e SSD storage running Windows 7 Ultimate (fully patched) and there is only one Xojo project on the system.

I’ve also tried running as Administrator with the same long startup.

Anyone else recognizing this on their Windows system?[/quote]

Known issue, sadly. I think it’ll get better in the next release but don’t hold me to that.

Patience is a virtue…

Could this be a network issue?
The normal timeouts for TCP Sockets are 2 minutes.

That’s a possibility if the Xojo server is lagging, but I don’t believe so since the delay varies from 48 secs to 245 secs.

We know about this one
There is a component of it that is network & response related so the specs of your machine have almost no impact on it