100K posts!

Well, that says it all!

I presumed Gavin came from Essex?
I really didn’t realise he was Irish.

Sorry Mr Smithe :slight_smile:

[quote=109257:@Richard Summers]I presumed Gavin came from Essex?
I really didn’t realise he was Irish.[/quote]

British/Northern Irish.

Wars have started for less than this etc etc.

Gavin, so do you live in Ireland and travel to the US, or live in the US and travel to Ireland?

My time is divided between N. Ireland (where I own property) and US (where I’m trying to buy property). (I’m fairly sure this thread should be in Off-Topic now!)

I used to get angry when I was detailed to a client who resided the other side of London!
Can’t imagine travelling that distance for work!!!

[quote=109279:@Richard Summers]I used to get angry when I was detailed to a client who resided the other side of London!
Can’t imagine travelling that distance for work!!![/quote]
It’s a deliberate choice, part of a bigger plan :wink:

I spent 20 years travelling to eastern Europe every week. Now I just travel to Dublin every week!

I hope you are suitably compensated :wink:

[quote]Gavin SmithIt’s a deliberate choice, part of a bigger plan :wink:
[/quote]

Must be some monthly petrol bill :wink:

Ha, I only have to pay for fuel in the States and at that point, despite your President, it’s so cheap that it’s practically free anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really! I can still make a small profit, though, so it’s worthwhile going.

which with the pet peeves thread should be what next week sometime?

well I am a full time Geek, and part time American. Part of the time I am too ashamed of my government/country to claim it.

What we need is a citizenry for Geeks that overlays over country borders. Geek Citizens Unite! Yay! I know that the NSA is watching me now…

we do have cheap fuels here compared to the rest of the world. Or at least most of the rest of the world. Our government doesnt have a high tax rate and since we refine lots of fuels here, the cost starting out is low.

I know I complain about $4/gallon for diesel where I know people pay $10/liter for it in their countries (using $USD for comparison purposes).