10000 members!

we got it!

This forum is less than 2 years old and got already much more users than the old forum :slight_smile:

Yes, we just hit 10,000 members! The old forum was around for 5 years and only had 7,000.

We had planned to give the 10,000th member a free Xojo Pro license. Unfortunately, that member choose to use a fake name in violation of our forum etiquette so they won’t be getting a free license. In the last 40 or so accounts created, they appear to be the only account with an obviously fake name.

you could give it the 10001th…
or later the 11111th.

it makes me think that it would be interesting to give us news from time to time on the financial health of the company, it reassures professionals. I know 4D does every year now, and this is very reassuring. The number of members on the forum is interesting, but it would be reassuring if we knew that the number of paying users and profit are also increasing (no need for numbers, but the trends for example).

You should read the 3rd paragraph of Geoff’s recent blog post:

http://www.xojo.com/blog/en/2014/12/community-growth-in-2014.php

FileMaker also provides numbers and charts on their conferences.

Probably an existing member who wanted the 10k moniker. I have to admit I thought about it :smiley:

I didn’t know about the free license of course!

[quote=153720:@Geoff Perlman]Yes, we just hit 10,000 members! The old forum was around for 5 years and only had 7,000.

We had planned to give the 10,000th member a free Xojo Pro license. Unfortunately, that member choose to use a fake name in violation of our forum etiquette so they won’t be getting a free license. In the last 40 or so accounts created, they appear to be the only account with an obviously fake name.[/quote]

If your struggling Geoff, I could always take it off your hands… :slight_smile:

He should raffle it off among people posting over the festive season. Each post is an entry :wink:

Uaoh !!! Very good!

@Michel Bujardet wins…

What have I done ?

you post too much. Maybe time to relax…

Except when you’re answering my posts and helping me as you have done so often, Michel ^^

OK. I am now going to use the 10,000 th user phony name I opened a bogus account with :wink:

How about if I say please 10,000 times, in a personal email?
Would that be enough for the free pro license? :slight_smile:

[quote=153793:@Richard Summers]How about if I say please 10,000 times, in a personal email?
Would that be enough for the free pro license? :)[/quote]

No. We need to get at least 10,000 positive posts with no negativity in between :stuck_out_tongue:

Notice the silence. No one knows what to do or say

[quote=153793:@Richard Summers]How about if I say please 10,000 times, in a personal email?
Would that be enough for the free pro license? :)[/quote]
Make that one(1) “please” per email…10.000 times.
I’m sure you’ll get a free license for that! :wink: