cubeSQL (SQLite) Full Text Search Question

I am implementing Full Text Search using FTS4 in a cubeSQL database. I’ve created the FTS virtual table using the content="" option to reference an already-existing table, and have implemented triggers to keep the two in synch.

I’m not clear on one point having to do with the “docID” column in the FTS virtual table I’ve created as it relates to the rowID and my separate integer primary key columns in my referenced table. The SQLite documentation assures us that the virtual tables “docID” values will survive a VACUUM operation, but doesn’t explicitly state what happens when the referenced table has an integer primary key (in addition to rowid).

I’m slightly concerned about whether the FTS mechanism will survive a VACUUM in this case. My hope/understanding is that having specified a separate integer primary key in the referenced table will ensure that rowid and that primary key (“id”) will remain the same after a VACUUM, and that the FTS virtual table will thus always remain properly synched to the “real” table.

Is that true, or do I need to include an “id” column in the virtual table in addition to the automatically-generated “docID” column?