XOJO IDE on Ubuntu ARM Linux - Samsung Chromebook

Hi Guys,

I am hoping that I have not hit a total brick wall.

I was super excited to install XOJO IDE on my unlocked Samsung Google Chromebook. I just finished unlocking the system and now have Ubuntu running perfectly on this system.

However both the “Ubuntu/Debian Linux” and “Linux (No Installer)” packages will not run on my system. They are compiled for i386 architecture. The issue for me is that this small Chromebook (perfect system to play around with Xojo and work on code) is arm architecture.

When I run ‘uname -a’ I am showing:

jremi@localhost:~$ uname -a
Linux localhost 3.4.0 #1 SMP Tue Dec 17 23:25:37 PST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

So here is my final question:
Will the Xojo team re-compile the IDE for arm and provide people like me with the ability to use Xojo on this Chromebook?

If not, I will return this device. I should have double-checked in more detail, but was under the assumption that this device was using x86.

Thanks for anyones input, maybe I will hear some good news?

-Jeremy

Worst case scenario, switch to a x86 chromebook and return this arm model to the store :frowning:

Sorry Man. Xojo requires x86 at this point.

I was in town playing with some of the new Windows ‘transformer’ devices, they’re as cheap as a Chromebook, but run Windows 8.1. So you can use far more apps including Xojo and the Asus model (same price) really made the Samsung device feel like a over priced plastic toy.