Seeking a nice looking OS X HUD window design

I need a nice looking window with a text input field for a menu bar tool (i.e. a “LSUIElement” application)

It should appear like a HUD window, i.e. close to black but partially transparent. It should have rounded corners.

I also need to enter text into it, so I need a textfield that fits the design, e.g. with rounded cornders as well.

Ideally, the edit field should be using a Cocoa control, with customization.

Ah yes, all for Cocoa, no need for Carbon.

Anyone having sample code or something to sell that fits these requirements?

Have you looked at MacOSLib for this? I made a quick example that should do something similar to what you are trying to do using MacOSLib.

Jason, I had no idea that macoslib had a " MakeHUDWindow" function, nor did I know about the bezelStyle function. Thanks a lot!

You’re welcome.

[quote=54585:@Thomas Tempelmann]I need a nice looking window with a text input field for a menu bar tool (i.e. a “LSUIElement” application)
[/quote]
How did you manage to develop a menu bar tool using Xojo?
Were you successful at hiding the dock icon as well?

I am using the MBS plugin’s NSStatusItemMBS for the menu icon. To hide the Dock icon, google “LSUIElement”.

[quote=117250:@Radium Radiovich]How did you manage to develop a menu bar tool using Xojo?
Were you successful at hiding the dock icon as well?[/quote]

You can also find a NSStatusItem class in macoslib.

Can I hide the dock icon with MacOSLib as well?
I don’t have enough money to buy MBS yet.
I’m an student and won’t have money to buy plugins before I sell at least one app.

[quote=117366:@Radium Radiovich]Can I hide the dock icon with MacOSLib as well?
I’m an student and won’t have money to buy plugins before I sell at least one app.[/quote]

You don’t need macoslib or MBS plugins to hide the dock icon, is just a key in the Info.plist of the application, as pointed by Thomas: LSUIElement.

[quote=117366:@Radium Radiovich]Can I hide the dock icon with MacOSLib as well?
I’m an student and won’t have money to buy plugins before I sell at least one app.[/quote]

You must learn how to use the search feature in this forum.

• Enter LSUIElement in the box on the upper right corner of the forum main page that says “Filter conversations”, click the lens or press Return
  • In the results, you will find a thread that talks exactly about what you want to do (second one in my test).