Crystal report viewer

Hi Everybody,

Did anyone integrate the crystal report viewer in your programs using Real Studio or Xojo. If so, can you please share some examples.

Thanks

I don’t know of anyone ever doing this. Xojo does not fully support the COM interface.

I know this is an old thread and its Windows, but I thought I’d post these comments to pique anyones interest who may be interested in working with Crystal Reports and integrating it in with Xojo. While not a perfect solution, it is a solution.

FWIW-

I really wanted to run a Crystal Report from Xojo on my Mac and/or Windows and one that I could change parameters on the fly. Without the SAP Crystal Server / BO products it seemed like a dead end.
You can get the the Crystal report viewer, but the report has to CONTAIN the data in order to use it. Not very helpful.

However I stumbled across The Eclipse environment while Googling around. It has a Crystal Report addin (everything is in Java including the database connection - JDBC - I have limited knowledge of Java). Setting up JDBC’s connection string in Crystal was a real challenge. I actually created the report in Windows first with the JDBC connection to my MSSQL Server. and then loaded it into my Java Crystal Report Eclipse project which is running on my Mac.

Eclipse lets you build an Executable Java jar file which can have embedded reports in it. Eclipse lets you create/modify CR reports on the Mac also. I’m able to launch the Java jar file from Xojo on OS X or Windows like this: (It’s the same jar file)

[code] #If TargetMacOS

dim f as folderitem 
f =getfolderitem( "Documents/Eclipse/CRJava1/CRJava4.jar")

if f <> nil then
  dim s as new shell
  dim f1 as folderitem
  f1 = SpecialFolder.Documents.Child("Eclipse").child("CRJava1").child("CRJava4.jar")
  msgbox  f1.NativePath '+ "/" +  f1.name
  s.Execute("java -jar " + f1.NativePath  + " TERM" )
else
  msgbox "Can't find file..."
end if 

#ElseIf TargetWin32

dim f1 as folderitem
f1=getfolderitem( "CRJava4.jar")

if f1 <> nil then
  dim s as new shell
  msgbox  f1.NativePath '+ "/" +  f1.name
  s.Execute("java -jar " +     f1.NativePath  + " TERM" )
else
  msgbox "Can't find file..."
end if
[/code]

It opens up my jar file which has the Crystal Report Viewer in it which then opens the report just fine. I’m working on passing parameters from Xojo to the jar right now.

All of this requires a tremendous amount of work to get the Eclipse environment working just right with the Crystal Report Add-in.

When I called SAP about what I was trying to do, Tech Support said we basically give you a ton of wood to build a birdhouse. Other than my time, Eclipse, Crystal Report add in for Eclipse, JDBC MS SQL drivers are all freely available for download.

While this is not a pure Xojo solution, you can run Crystal Reports from Xojo.

Congrats Michaei. Good to see your efforts are paying off. Thank you for the walk through.

I used Easy View3 and called it with command line parameters. This worked fine till users started using 64 bit Windows. Easy View does not work in 64 bit environment and I have to find another CR viewer.

Hello Fran
I’m also trying to integrate Crystal Reports 9 into Xojo, but compared to the old vb6, I have some problems. Were you able to integrate Crystal R. into your Xojo projects?

Thank you

[quote=486970:@Nevio Vivaldini]Hello Fran
I’m also trying to integrate Crystal Reports 9 into Xojo, but compared to the old vb6, I have some problems. Were you able to integrate Crystal R. into your Xojo projects?

Thank you[/quote]

You might be better off trying to PM Fran directly with your question. He might not be active on the forum currently and therefore never see your post here.