Submiting to Mac app store and getting quicktime API error

Recently trying to submit an app from Xojo and getting a kickback email saying the following
Apple Error:
[quote]Deprecated API Usage - Apple no longer accepts submissions of apps that use QuickTime APIs.[/quote]

The controls I’m using in the application are textboxes, labels, pagepanel, backdrop image, & listbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wow, that’s bad for us.

I added feedback case for this: 31107

For our plugins it would be a lot of work to make them less dependent on QuickTIme.
e.g. load framework dynamically.

Ok so this is a build with Xojo issue not a user one (meaning I didn’t add anything to the program to get this error)?

No, this is a “Deprecated API Usage” issue. :wink:

Okay I guess I’ll follow the case activity and if they need a tester let me know :wink:

Correct, it looks like it’s not related to your project specifically. Probably something includes in all Xojo builds or an includes MBS build if you’re using that.

This is also why I hate developing for the app store(s). Apple constantly gives you new hurdles you have to jump over (sandboxing, code signing, deprecations, etc) in order to simply submit an app or update.

Did the email from Apple have any additional information?

Here’s the entire email. I don’t get the error from application uploader - I’m using the most recent version of Xojo. I used App Wrapper Mini and talked to Sam he said he had several apps get approved this week. Which is why I thought it was my project.

[quote]Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “Multiplication Tables”. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Deprecated API Usage - Apple no longer accepts submissions of apps that use QuickTime APIs.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click “Ready to Upload Binary.” Continue through the submission process until the app status is “Waiting for Upload.” You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team[/quote]

Is this using the Carbon framework or the Cocoa framework?

Cocoa is selected for the build

It has been announced in October by Apple. See here…

Apple like to keep us developers on our toes! I love the depth of the Cocoa toolbox… But heck yeah, stuff like this is frustrating!

I said to Rob it was 4, but now looking at it, the last one has yet to be approved, but none the less we had two app updates approved and a brand new app approved this week and I didn’t get an e-mail about it…

I have completed an app that does not contain anything real strange. Cocoa build. It works quite fine.

When I upload, no error. But I get ‘Invalid binary’ afterwards.

It has been prepared with App Wrapper Mini, as all my other apps which have all been approved.

Any thoughts ?

I got the invalid binary red dot and assumed it is from the email notification. So your app in itunes connect never said waiting for review?

[quote=51031:@Michel Bujardet]I have completed an app that does not contain anything real strange. Cocoa build. It works quite fine.

When I upload, no error. But I get ‘Invalid binary’ afterwards.

It has been prepared with App Wrapper Mini, as all my other apps which have all been approved.

Any thoughts ?[/quote]

Allright. I now got the implacable letter :

[code]Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Deprecated API Usage - Apple no longer accepts submissions of apps that use QuickTime APIs.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click “Ready to Upload Binary.” Continue through the submission process until the app status is “Waiting for Upload.” You can then deliver the corrected binary.

Regards,

The App Store team[/code]

So I guess back to the drawing board. But where in hell should I look now ? I did not use any declare :frowning:

The ax apparently fell last night :frowning:

It is likely related to using some Picture functions. Are you using any MBS plugin functions that work with Pictures? Comment those out to see if it can be uploaded then. You can always withdraw the upload again.

No 3rd party plugins were used. The only other thing used besides xojo was the app wrapper mini. I’m using a backdrop for window which is the only image I’m using.

Well, I removed QuickTime dependencies here already for a couple of plugin parts.
But first for you Xojo Inc. needs to find a way to help you.

[quote=51037:@Michel Bujardet]So I guess back to the drawing board. But where in hell should I look now ? I did not use any declare :frowning:

The ax apparently fell last night :([/quote]

Boo. My app did not use plugins or any declare, so I was pretty confident it would be accepted. It’s not fair.

I found a workaround :wink:

I built Carbon, and miracle, the app is now waiting for review :slight_smile:

Conclusion is simple : a Cocoa built is using Quicktime, a Carbon one is not.

Until Xojo graphics become immune to Quicktime syndrome, build Carbon if you plan on submitting to the MAS :wink:

Who could have thought ?