Formatted Text Control 3.1.2

BKeeney Software today released version 3.1.2 of the Formatted Text Control, a canvas based word processing control. The FTC is an alternative to the built-in TextArea control and allows for in-line graphics, hyperlinks and custom components. The demo project has an example of how to export the StyledText to HTML.

This maintenance releases fixes a Cocoa issue where the Candidate Window wouldn’t appear at the proper screen location. Registered version 3 users should receive an automated email regarding the new version.

The Formatted Text Control costs $150 and is 100% unencrypted Xojo code. Version 3 and above requires the use of the Text Input Canvas plugin to allow for proper text handling in Cocoa builds.

Download links and more information at http://www.bkeeney.com/formatted-text-control/

FYI Tried downloading the Mac demo of the control and it is giving the “can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer warning.” Not sure if you tried code-signing the demo but it didn’t work.

Temporarily turned off gatekeeper to check it out. Looks very thorough!

Tom: use right-click --> Open from the Contextual Menu (or ctrl-click --> Open) to allow you to run the not signed application.

Correct, I did not codesign the demo.

I was using the older FTC 2.4 and am planning to upgrade.

I needed a way to extract the pictures which are embedded in the formatted text and save them as picture files but I have no clue as to how to get that done.

Do you have a code snippets for that ?

Thanks

[quote=57277:@Edwin Lau]I needed a way to extract the pictures which are embedded in the formatted text and save them as picture files but I have no clue as to how to get that done.

Do you have a code snippets for that ?[/quote]

Look for the FTIterator class. My memory on version 2.4 is a little weak, but I know in the version 3 series I did a lot of work on the HTMLIterator class (subclass of FTIterator) that extracted the images. You could do something similar.

Hi Bob,
I cannot reach “http://xojo.bkeeney.com/FileShare/fileshare.cgi”, it show :

Mutex cleaned, application could not launch.

Thanks

It’s back up.

thanks