Is there a way to re-activate API 1 auto complete?

For various reasons, I’ve having to jump between 2018r3 and 2019r3, which means I can’t convert my project to API 2, and I find it kinda frustrating that the auto complete often ignores API 1 functions, it’s constantly making me doubt myself.

No, that’s not possible.

if xojo thinks its a project from an old version then it will show the API ones with their API 2 counterparts

@Sam Rowlands — If the Xojo IDE was efficient, it would become the REALStudio 2012 IDE.

it would be sooooo nice to let us choose what we want in a préférence checkbox popupmenu ! api 1 or api 2 or auto

+200

@Jean-Yves Pochez — You must mean API 1, 1.5 and 2. Don’t forget the Xojo.Core.xxxx API

<https://xojo.com/issue/57885> It’s only ranked 8th. It’s very much wanted but my belief is that it will be a cold day in hell that they’ll actually implement it.

API 1 is pushed out by Xojo *, so forget this idea who will never enter in their stategy.

• And when the Apple Silicon Mac will be alone on sale (or earlier), API2 will be alone (you will have to forget API 1 then).

BTW: isn’t it in XML that a Xojo version is set ? If so, export your project as XML, change that value to conform to version 2019r1, save back as binary and open it with 2019r3.1 and you will probably done…

[quote=495967:@Emile Schwarz]
BTW: isn’t it in XML that a Xojo version is set ? If so, export your project as XML, change that value to conform to version 2019r1, save back as binary and open it with 2019r3.1 and you will probably done…[/quote]

OR in plain text versions as well if you edit the manifest judiciously