MBS SQL: plugin for 64bit cubesqlserver issues?

I’m trying to add the MBS SQL extensions to a CubeSQLServer. The CubeSQLServer is not restarting after I copied the Linux Extension file to the cubesql plugin folder (file MBS64.so)

The installation file says:

[code]On Cube SQL Server

Copy the plugin file to the plugins directory from the server. You should find a cubesql folder in the places listed below and drop the plugin file into the plugins folder.

You can copy the MBS.cubesqlplugin file or the extension library file (MBS.dylib, MBS.so or MBS.dll), but not both.

As of version 1.3, we have 64bit support only on Mac and Windows. You can request it for other platforms. But until we work on that, you may simply use the 32bit version of cubesql.

MacOS: Copy MBS.dylib to /Library/cubesql/plugins.
Windows XP: Copy MBS32.dll to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\cubesql\Plugins.
Windows Vista/7: Copy MBS32.dll to C:\ProgramData\cubesql\Plugins.
Linux: Copy MBS32.so to /var/opt/cubesql/plugins.[/code]

I have Ubuntu Linux Server 18.04 with CubeSQLServer (5.7.2 64bit) running.

When I remove the MBS64.so file from the servers plugin folder, then I can restart cubesql, otherwise not.

[b]1) Are there other requirements for installation?

1. In order to use the MBS SQL functions, will I also need the plugin in Xojo or is it sufficient to have the extension on the server?[/b]
    For instance: Once the extension would be up and runnin on the cubesqlserver, could I send such sql statement from SQLiteManager, or would I need to install an extension locally as well? (select InstrRevMBS(“Hello World. World.”, “World”))

3) What and where is the licensefile? I have received an email with a registration procedure for Xojo, but no licensefile.

The documentation says:

[code]License

You can register by placing the Registration file in one of the locations in the list below (better on the server). Or you can register with calling the RegisterMBS function (better on local database).

The license file can be stored currently in this positons:

On MacOS here:

In the current directory.
/ (Root Folder)
/etc
/Library/Preferences
/System/Library/Preferences
On Linux here:

/ (Root Folder)
/etc[/code]

First I think you confuse the MBS SQL Plugin to connect your app to database server with MBS SQLite Extension, which adds additional commands to SQL engine in SQLite or CubeSQL.

Could you please rename it, as I too have found the name MBS.dylib, MBS##.so and MBS##.dll to be ambiguous eg MBS SQLite Extension##.xxxx?

This is easily possible. The instructions are not clear enough for me:

What I did was copying the file MBS64.so to the plugins folder on the Linux Server (Ubuntu 18.04. 64bit), according to this advice from installation.shtml:

Then I stopped cubesql database on the Linux server and tried to restart the database, without success.

My question is still: was this the right procedure and is this supposed to work?

And what about the License? Where is this license file?

[quote]License
You can register by placing the Registration file in one of the locations in the list below (better on the server). Or you can register with calling the RegisterMBS function (better on local database).

The license file can be stored currently in this positons:

On Linux here:
/ (Root Folder)
/etc
[/quote]

Or maybe my confusion is about MBS SQL Plugin vs. extension licensing?

Is the server extension a separate product, which requires another license than the MBS SQL Xojo plugin?

OK - I got it working.

On the Linux Server I copied the MBS.cubesqlplugin file to /var/opt/cubesql/plugins and then I successfully restarted the cubesql server. Now I can send SQL queries from SQLite Manager, like this one: select UUIDFormattedMBS()

Copying MBS64.so was not working for me, so this sentence in installation.shtml is misleading: “You can copy the MBS.cubesqlplugin file or the extension library file (MBS.dylib, MBS.so or MBS.dll), but not both.”

I knew I had it running some years back, but in the meantime I forgot how I did it …

I was celebrating to early: Licensing!

When I run select LicenseInfoMBS(), then I’m getting a message [MBS] Invalid license.

In functions.html file I found this information:

RegisterMBS(text as string) as string Version: 1.0 Registers the plugin. You can register by placing the Registration file in some location as described in the Installation readme file (better on the server). Or you can register with calling the RegisterMBS function (better on local database).

So I am still asking: Can someone tell me how this Registration file looks like and whether this is a separate license, other than the one for MBS SQL plugin? I’m still confused …

I found an encrypted file MBS.license in the root folder of my macbook pro, dating from July 11th 2013 …

So I guess I would need an updated version of this, and as I am renewing my MBS plugins (including SQL plugin) each year, I thought that I am covered. What am I missing? Where is this license file?

Oliver,

MBS should have sent you a new license code each year you updated ( 1 for each of the products you renew)

If you cannot find that info then email support@monkeybreadsoftware.de

Do you have a license for Monkeybread Software SQLite Extension 1.6 ? From what I read that is separate than MBS SQL Plugin.

Osswald can order a new license if needed.

[quote=495625:@Alberto DePoo]Do you have a license for https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/SQLiteExtension/ ? From what I read that is separate than MBS SQL Plugin.[/quote]Yes, this was my confusion - I forgot that this is a different license.