Ugly visual glitches on Windows with 2019r3

The worst:

The right pane is a ContainerControl that’s currently hidden - the background should be white (and it is on the Mac).

Instead, it not only appears in black on Windows 10, but when drag-resizing the window, I get those white stripes in it.

Any idea how to avoid that?

The not-so-bad but still not right:

Here, the selection background uses the full width of the text of the column but should clip at the cell’s borders, which it doesn’t. This one I can work around only with a lot of effort (which I don’t want to make), so this requires a fix from Xojo. Fortunately, it’s not that severe.

Does someone know whether these are known issues, i.e. have they been reported or are even fixed in current betas?

r3.1 is the latest.

did you add cc at runtime? overlapped controls? have this cc a parent control in design?
after window resized it should get a paint event where it should repaint itself.
do you use g.Width there or own variables maybe?
you can check transparent settings or double buffer checkbox.
about colors i use alot of Color.Black Color.White or Color.RGB without issues.

I’ve posted a solution to that here: :wink: https://forum.xojo.com/43442-flicker-free-apps-on-windows/0/

Also see this. https://forum.xojo.com/49698-xojo-2018r2-ide-extremely-slow/43

in your position i would copy the project and play with settings and source code until the black and bar effect is gone.
or a new fresh project just for testing the behavior.

Alright, I’ve solved it. It was my own fault, I should have checked that first. I had used special code that would halt window updates on Windows to get rid of flicker. That code didn’t work (any more) when the control was hidden, though. I’ve now disabled the entire special code, in the hopes that 2019r3 has flicker better under control. If you like to check and if you are on Windows, feel free to download Arbed 1.9.1 and open any Xojo project in it (caution: “version control format” is not well supported in Arbed any more, but binary and xml still are). Arbed is here: http://www.tempel.org/Arbed

The minor issue with the overreaching selection background in the Listbox remains an issue, of course.

[quote=494651:@Thomas Tempelmann]Alright, I’ve solved it. It was my own fault, I should have checked that first. I had used special code that would halt window updates on Windows to get rid of flicker. That code didn’t work (any more) when the control was hidden, though. I’ve now disabled the entire special code, in the hopes that 2019r3 has flicker better under control. If you like to check and if you are on Windows, feel free to download Arbed 1.9.1 and open any Xojo project in it (caution: “version control format” is not well supported in Arbed any more, but binary and xml still are). Arbed is here: http://www.tempel.org/Arbed

The minor issue with the overreaching selection background in the Listbox remains an issue, of course.[/quote]
Hi Thomas.
Out of interest why is the version control format not well supported anymore?

[quote=494654:@Kevin Gale]Hi Thomas.
Out of interest why is the version control format not well supported anymore?[/quote]
Because it’s too much work, and the interest in Arbed is not big enough to justify the work on it.

So, you can still read most VCP projects, but writing back is more risky because I cannot verify any more that what I write is exactly what Xojo wrote.

[quote=494658:@Thomas Tempelmann]Because it’s too much work, and the interest in Arbed is not big enough to justify the work on it.

So, you can still read most VCP projects, but writing back is more risky because I cannot verify any more that what I write is exactly what Xojo wrote.[/quote]
OK.

a mini example project could help.
seems the selected background is moved to the right because the icon and wrong calculated.

Oh, you’re right. The issue is not caused by just having a hierarchical listbox. You also need to have an indentation of the text to cause it, e.g. by setting a RowPicture. So maybe I was wrong about the cause where I thought it was the unclipped text length. It may instead be that the offset by the added picture is not taking into account. Or both.

for things like that if you can reproduce this you can add it to the feedback app with example project.

I’d like to do that but currently Xojo 2019r3 won’t even connect to the remote debugger, although it did earlier. I also was never able to debug in 64 bit using the 64 bit desktop debugger (v2.3). I give up.

this listbox issue is at mac or windows?
your license should be for 3 pc’s.
you can’t run it direct at this maschine from within ide?