Blinking cursor on a field

Hi!

I have been making a similar approach as guys had talked about here.
We are using a 10,1" panel-pc for our application with 8-point touch screen.
The application has soft keyboard created in xojo to limit users from using certain windows keys and their combinations for security purposes.

The issue at my application is that our test groups users get lost at where the blinking cursor should be (as it is not shown when editing a text field through variable…).
When they try to use arrows to navigate back and change something on long texts, most get totally frustrated.
I’ve tried to implement simple timers with | character to simulate the blinking, but i found that when users do fast changes, the text might look like this:
“qwer|tyui” even through the text field changed should fire and remove the cursor from text…

[code]
// Timer1; multiple, every cycle ==> Period 1
// Same timer handles changing keys when Shift or CAPS is pressed.

static count as integer
// this makes cursor blink
count=count+1
if count=10 or Curchange=true then
KeyboardString=replaceall(KeyboardString,"|","")
KeyboardString=KeyboardString+"|"
Curchange=false
end

if count=30 then
KeyboardString=replaceall(KeyboardString,"|","")
count=0
end[/code]

Any ideas how to force the TextField to show the cursor even when it doesn’t have focus like on native controls when using real keyboard or tabtip.exe?

The platform is Windows 10 Pro 2016 LTSB.

i would replace the textfield with a custom canvas so its more easier to remote control with your screen keyboard.
or you use the default focus in textfield and send key input events via windows api from within your screen keyboard.
or subclass this TextField and add extra functionality so you could use it everywhere.