SelectionAlignment = TextAlignments.Left

I am trying to save a TextArea using StyledText.RTFData but while it looks okay in the TextArea, it is not saving the left text alignment but picks up the center alignment from the title. Examining the data I can see that the \ql is missing in the RTFData. I am using Narrative.SelectionAlignment = TextAlignments.Left to format the data in the TextArea.

Is there something I should do differently?

Var data As RowSet = App.GetData("Select * from Narratives where Lower(GrpName) = "+GrpName.Lowercase.DoubleQuote) If data <> Nil And Not data.AfterLastRow Then data.EditRow data.Column("Narrative").StringValue=Narrative.StyledText.RTFData data.SaveRow data.Close data = Nil Else Var row As New DatabaseRow row.Column("GrpName").StringValue = GrpName row.Column("Narrative").StringValue = Narrative.StyledText.RTFData App.db.AddRow("Narratives", row) End If

I don’t see any obvious problem in your code. Do you know if you can reproduce this in a test project?

Thank you for the reply. Found a workaround by storing the alignments in the database. All I can tell you is that the \ql was missing in the rtfdata.

[code]Var align(-1) As String
Var num As Integer = Narrative.StyledText.ParagraphCount
For i As Integer = 1 To num

Narrative.SelectionStart = Narrative.StyledText.Paragraph(i).StartPosition
Narrative.SelectionLength = Narrative.StyledText.Paragraph(i).Length

Select Case Narrative.SelectionAlignment
Case TextAlignments.Left
align.AddRow(“L”)
Case TextAlignments.Center
align.AddRow(“C”)
Case TextAlignments.Right
align.AddRow(“R”)
End Select

Next

Var data As RowSet = App.GetData(“Select * from Narratives where Lower(GrpName) = “+GrpName.Lowercase.DoubleQuote)
If data <> Nil And Not data.AfterLastRow Then
data.EditRow
data.Column(“ColumnAlignments”).StringValue=String.FromArray(align,”~”)
data.Column(“Narrative”).StringValue=Narrative.StyledText.RTFData
data.SaveRow
data.Close
data = Nil
Else
Var row As New DatabaseRow
row.Column(“GrpName”).StringValue = GrpName
row.Column(“ColumnAlignments”).StringValue=String.FromArray(align,"~")
row.Column(“Narrative”).StringValue = Narrative.StyledText.RTFData
App.db.AddRow(“Narratives”, row)
End If[/code]

Nice workaround! Glad to hear that it’s working for you now.