Remote Debugging

I have a remote debugging question that maybe someone can answer.

I have some fairly extensive build scripts that make sure a number of things occur on the debugging host before my Xojo program is executed remotely. As it stands, I have to make changes to my build scripts when I change to a new debugging host and THEN I have to select the correct debugging host from the Xojo menu at:

Project | Run Remotely |

So, Is there a way to detect which remote debugging host you are targeting from within a build script?

If that’s possible, I could make my build scripts adapt themselves to the target host and not have to edit my scripts to make sure the selected target host and my build scripts are both aimed at the same host.

As a work-around I’ve started to use a ‘made-up’ host name as the selected target host and in my build scripts and create an entry in my computer’s ‘hosts’ file that points to the actual debugging host. This works well since I just need to edit my hosts file to point to a different debugging host when needed. But it would be nice to avoid this approach and deal with various debugging hosts within Xojo itself.

-Wes

How many different hosts are there?

I routinely deal with 3 different Raspberry Pi hosts. It would be great if I could find out which host was selected by the

Project | Run Remotely |

menu In my build scripts. Is there an IDE variable that reveals this?

[quote=489003:@Wes Westhaver]I routinely deal with 3 different Raspberry Pi hosts. It would be great if I could find out which host was selected by the

Project | Run Remotely |

menu In my build scripts. Is there an IDE variable that reveals this?[/quote]
There is not. I was thinking if there were two or three unique configurations, you could use a message dialog.