2020r1 Pre-Release

Hi all

I am looking for the pre release channel so I can download. Could someone point me in the right direction as I can’t find it anywhere?

Thanks In Advance

Simon

Hello Simon

The Chanel is called Testers now

Ah ok thank you for the reply. I still can’t find it :frowning:

Testers

Does your license allow you to view the Testers Chanel?

Ah I may need to be logged in with the account my license is attached to.

Thank you for your help

[quote=488805:@Simon Gatenby]Ah I may need to be logged in with the account my license is attached to.

Thank you for your help[/quote]
Yes you will need to be logged in with the correct account otherwise you will not see the Testers channel

In addition, if you want to participate as a pre-release tester, you have to request via hello@xojo.com to grant you access so you can run the pre-release IDE’s. Or at least that’s what you used to have to do.

I hope that helps.

[quote=488807:@Scott Cadillac]In addition, if you want to participate as a pre-release tester, you have to request via hello@xojo.com to grant you access so you can run the pre-release IDE’s. Or at least that’s what you used to have to do.

I hope that helps.[/quote]
I had to to that as well; it wasn’t necessary some years ago.
Still wondering whether one has to do that again, e.g. after having not renewed for a while.
What if you suspend you renewal?

If you ever have problems like this hello@xojo.com and they will always resolve

Yes, if I have problems, I’ll have to do that.
For now, that’s not about a problem, but about future planning: if, when my licence expires, I don’t have the money to renew immediately, will my testing access be suspended, cancelled or continued? If it’s cancelled, I’ll prepare the money beforehand, more than if it’s suspended, for instance.
I don’t want to contact someone by email for every ongoing reflections I might have…
Thanks.

[quote=488934:@Arnaud Nicolet]Yes, if I have problems, I’ll have to do that.
For now, that’s not about a problem, but about future planning: if, when my licence expires, I don’t have the money to renew immediately, will my testing access be suspended, cancelled or continued? If it’s cancelled, I’ll prepare the money beforehand, more than if it’s suspended, for instance.
I don’t want to contact someone by email for every ongoing reflections I might have…
Thanks.[/quote]
We are just users of Xojo and what you just asked is exactly what you should contact hello@xojo.com about

Yes, possibly.
I asked here in case someone already encountered this.
It’s better to have a public knowledge, in case someone else has the same question.

Does the new version include android?

You can ask hello@xojo.com that question or you can ask them to be a part of the Testers group. None of us (Testers) can answer that question.

Thank you. Looking forward to the android version

Follow this for your reference:

https://documentation.xojo.com/resources/roadmap.html

As Rick says, there is a public Roadmap, With android in the 6th, it is unlikely it will be released this year.

it is not fix, it can appear something new at top.

Remember that these are just the order we expect to ship these items. Also, multiple items often ship in a single release.