Vibrancy like windows

For macOS we have vibrancy like windows/parts.
Is there a way to do this for Windows 10 too? Ive seen some apps doing this.

[quote=487972:@Christoph De Vocht]For macOS we have vibrancy like windows/parts.
Is there a way to do this for Windows 10 too? Ive seen some apps doing this.[/quote]
Vibrancy for what?
Like when you enter a bad password and the text field jiggles?

Vibrancy is the name of the translucent effect found though out macOS. Think source lists, like the favorites sidebar in Finder.

I did not think it was available as a system component in Windows (would love it to be!) and assume that the examples Christoph has seen are custom implementations.

Edit: Tried to explain vibrancy/translucency a little better.

Ah, ok, thank you; I didn’t know the name of this effect (and google translate didn’t helped, translating “vibrancy” way otherwise).

[quote=488007:@Tim Parnell]I did not think it was available as a system component in Windows (would love it to be!) and assume that the examples Christoph has seen are custom implementations.
Yes, Mac OS uses those transparency effects more than one might expect…

[quote=488007:@Tim Parnell]Vibrancy is the name of the translucent effect found though out macOS. Think source lists, like the favorites sidebar in Finder.

I did not think it was available as a system component in Windows (would love it to be!) and assume that the examples Christoph has seen are custom implementations.

Edit: Tried to explain vibrancy/translucency a little better.[/quote]
Thanks for explaining this a little more Tim. Being a Windows guy and unfamiliar with Mac, I still have no understanding what ‘vibrancy’ is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7DdFct-xk

this is an old one ! :wink:

[quote=488021:@Jean-Yves Pochez]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7DdFct-xk

this is an old one ! ;)[/quote]
Thank you Jean-Yves! As they say, a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words :slight_smile:

Now I understand.

Well the Windows name escapes me right now but there was a WinAPI that shook the window

[quote=488021:@Jean-Yves Pochez]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es7DdFct-xk

this is an old one ! ;)[/quote]
Are you sure of that?
It’s exactly what I said with the text field jiggling when you enter an invalid password, some posts ago (albeit, in your old example, the whole window was jiggling; these days, that’s mostly the field alone) and Tim said I was wrong (but google translate made me think like you, at first)…

I believe I’m remembering the Aero Shake

Windows friends,

This is vibrancy

See more

Except, it’s a heck of a lot more than just a translucency effect. There’s a bunch of color science Apple baked in to the macOS native effect.

So Mac Vibrancy is equivalent of Windows Aero?

Not really. It’s super over engineered immersion with a bunch of color science. It does more than just blur the colors it’s over. It’s great. Aero is not :stuck_out_tongue:

10-4 @Tim Parnell

Well, not only, as I use 90% Macs and didn’t know about that term; I’m not quite a “Windows friend” :-). .

We are all Friends here :slight_smile:

Undoubtedly, and I’m glad of that. :slight_smile:
English being not my native language, I linked “Windows” and “friends” together, thinking Tim talked about “Friends of Windows”, not “Friends, about Windows:”.

Here is a really oversimplified version. If someone knows the API then I can look at getting it to work on Windows.

[code]Public Sub Vibrate(Win as Window, Optional Amplitude as Integer = 5)
Dim OriginalLocation as Integer
OriginalLocation = Win.Left

For i as Integer = 0 to 9
Var rnd as Integer = System.Random.InRange(-1,1)
Win.Left = OriginalLocation + (Rndi Amplitude)

Var old as double = microseconds
Do until old + 30000 <= Microseconds //30 milliseconds
Loop 

Next
win.Left = OriginalLocation
End Sub
[/code]

Here is how I called it:

Sub Action() Handles Action Vibrate(Window1) End Sub

[quote=488022:@Eugene Dakin]Thank you Jean-Yves! As they say, a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words :slight_smile:

Now I understand.[/quote]

Jean-Yves was wrong, Tim already explaned a bunch of times that Vibrancy has nothing to do with Vibrate (moving) a window.

Sorry for the bandwidth