Connecting to Google Cloud SQL from Public IP

Hi. I’ve created a software and I’m adding to it a check for new versions tool. I’ve develop it locally (connection to MySQL server) and it’s working fine.

I’d like to use an internet MySQL server provider for storing the database with the versions of the software. I’ve created this database using Google SQL Cloud.

I’m connecting to the database from my software and all is running fine except for one little issue. I’ve had to add manually in the Google SQL settings my temporal IP for allowing to connect from this IP. Reading the documentations they explain if you’ve to access from a public IP, you’ve to install in the remote computer a Proxy and setup it.

Does anybody know if it’s possible to use Google SQL as SQL Server from a public IP without setting up on each local computer a proxy?. This will make it useless for this particular purpose of just checking the last version of a software from an unknown computer.

If it’s not possible, witch provider would you recommend me for this?

Thanks.

Giving access from any IP to an online SQL database is a very bad idea. Your SQL instance password will certainly be brute-forced.

From what I understand, the only purpose of this database is to tell your client software if an update is available?
If that’s the case, it would be much easier to host a file (text, json, xml, …) on a server and get your app to read that file each time it is launched.

[quote=484369:@Jeremie Leroy]From what I understand, the only purpose of this database is to tell your client software if an update is available?
If that’s the case, it would be much easier to host a file (text, json, xml, …) on a server and get your app to read that file each time it is launched.[/quote]
I’ve made it like this. Thanks for the tip