Can you run multi IP/sites on one API

I see some options for servers with quad ports, and have been looking into how to get multiple static IP addresses. Does anyone have experience running multiple sites on one machine with either a single Xojo API app to handle all sites or have separate API per site? The server I would be looking at has 2 processors and 6 cores/12 threads.

What do you wish to do? Break it down into little pieces so we can follow.

As an example, say I have 2 domain names, separate entities. If I have one server with quad ports, can one Xojo app (API) handle both sites as in two separate IP addresses. Or as an option have two separate app running on the server, one for each IP/site.

Lets see if I have this correct,

Example:
www.airplanes.com. -->IP address 101.21.22.23
www.ships.com -->IP address 101.21.22.24

You could write one app to handle both domains, but it would be far more simple to have 2 applications.

I don’t know what you mean by a sever with “quad ports”

As far as “The server I would be looking at has 2 processors and 6 cores/12 threads”… I find trying to fit hardware to a project before it is written is impossible. I writ the app and then see what kind of load it test out to be. If I need more hardware, I throw more hardware at it, with Xojo cloud its a one click upgrade.

Thanks. Many servers have multiple ethernet ports that you can connect to the outside world. Each port can be from different IP addresses.

I wasn’t aware Xojo had the cloud for hosting your own app, I’ll study that. It may be a good solution.

I think i f you have two IPs (IP1 and IP2) assigned to two different NICs (NIC1 and NIC2) on a single server, it would be possible to have two Xojo web app (WA1 and WA2) serving the traffics independently on as single port (e.g: port 80). Looks like Xojo Web Apps can be binded to listen to different NICs on a single server.

But if you have two IPs (IP1 and IP2) assigned to a single NIC (NIC1 only) on a single server, i think it would not be possible to have two Xojo web app (WA1 and WA2) serving the traffics independently on a same port (e.g. port 80). To fix this, you might have to run the web apps behind load balancers . Or run them on different ports on the server.

So what sort of router would you use here. Your ordinary domestic router won’t do the job. Or are you connecting to two ISPs, with two broadband connections?

There are business internet providers that can provide multiple IP and require routers to accommodate.

or, use a reverse proxy to direct traffic to the correct port on a single server or server, all with the a single external IP address.