TTsZipPackage

1. 3 days ago

James B

Mar 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro

TTsZipPackage now fails for Mac resource fork issues. I have communicated with Thomas, who is aware of the problem, but suggested I patch it myself. Since this is beyond my skill set, I am wondering if anyone else has it going again.

Someone emailed me about a few compilations errors in TTsZipPackage last October and I had this as a reply:

MacCreator, MacType and MacFSRef were removed from FolderItem in 2019r2. You can probably tweak the conditional compilation part of the code like this to avoid the error:

Old:

#If RBVersion >= 2010.05

New:

#If RBVersion >= 2010.05 And RBVersion < 2019.02

The Readable interface had the method EndOfFile added. You can get rid of that error by adding an empty EndOfFile method to ZipBinaryStreamReader.

Not sure if this matches errors you are seeing, but hopefully this gets you started.

2. Norman P

Mar 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro outside drowning sorrows

the apis for resource forks were removed from Xojo itself
    that probably hampers things a bit

3. John M

Mar 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro New York / New Jersey

I gave up on TTsZipPackage many years ago and now use the MBS zip classes.

4. Paul L

Mar 25 Xojo Inc, Third Party Store Answer

Someone emailed me about a few compilations errors in TTsZipPackage last October and I had this as a reply:

MacCreator, MacType and MacFSRef were removed from FolderItem in 2019r2. You can probably tweak the conditional compilation part of the code like this to avoid the error:

Old:

#If RBVersion >= 2010.05

New:

#If RBVersion >= 2010.05 And RBVersion < 2019.02

The Readable interface had the method EndOfFile added. You can get rid of that error by adding an empty EndOfFile method to ZipBinaryStreamReader.

Not sure if this matches errors you are seeing, but hopefully this gets you started.

5. Jim M

Mar 25 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers

@John M I gave up on TTsZipPackage many years ago and now use the MBS zip classes.

I did the same.... It was not hard to make the transition.

6. 2 days ago

Christian S

Mar 26 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, XDC Speakers, Third Party Store Germany

if you move to MBS Xojo Compression Plugin classes, please check out the archive classes .

See /Compression/Archive/archive example.

or Sign Up to reply!