more debugger issues

1. 2 weeks ago

Norman P

Mar 23 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro outside enjoying the fresh air

Anyone else seeing the debugger just step right past break points whether they are set before starting a debug run debug run or if they are set during the debug run ?

I'm resorting to using debuglog extensively to debug because its quite unreliable in 64 bit on macOS and Windows

new case Feedback Case #59520

2. Wes W

Mar 23 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro MD, Columbia USA
    Edited 2 weeks ago

I've seen the debugger skip my initial break point on a number of occasions. I've had to resort to setting several consecutive break points in order to have the debugger catch and stop on one.

I've been using Xojo versions: 2018r4 and 2019r1.1 under Win7 and Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and running the remote debugger on the last 2 versions of Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi.

3. Tim S

Mar 23 Pre-Release Testers Canterbury, UK

I have to say that I'm not seeing this. I'm minded to wonder whether there are aspects of the language I'm not using, or something else. I'm not using dark mode and I am using 2019r3.1. You must be using an earlier IDE as the breakpoints markers look different.

4. Louis D

Mar 23 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro QC, Canada

Yes. I saw that mostly in releases 2018 and early 2019. Not so much in 2019 releases after R2. (on Windows, Mac mileage will probably be different.)

5. Norman P

@Tim S I have to say that I'm not seeing this. I'm minded to wonder whether there are aspects of the language I'm not using, or something else. I'm not using dark mode and I am using 2019r3.1. You must be using an earlier IDE as the breakpoints markers look different.

yeah I'm seeing it in 2019r1.1 and 2019r3 and 3.1
    the video is of it occurring in 2019r1.1

6. Tim S

Mar 23 Pre-Release Testers Canterbury, UK

You don't have any project that shows it consistently that we could share to test, I suppose?

7. Norman P

Edited 2 weeks ago

@Tim S You don't have any project that shows it consistently that we could share to test, I suppose?

You're right - I dont have any I can share
    I do have at least that do this on macOS and Windows
    No idea why

or Sign Up to reply!