Mac App Stores

Firstly thanks to all on the forum that have provided help with Crossword Wizard.
Thanks to Sam it is on the MAS and picked up a XOJO 2020 award.

link text

With the MAS I was wondering what the process is for getting the app into other stores ie my app will appear in the Australian MAS but will it automatically become available elsewhere or do you have to submit it (after localisation)?

It used to propagate to all countries, unless you explicitly specified your application not too.

Congratulations on winning a Xojo Design Award btw.

Congratulations @Martin Fitzgibbons!!

So yes it is automatically broadcast across all the chosen countries but how do you get your blurb to show in the in the appropriate language? I have asked apple support but response time is taking a while. Just thought someone would know here :slight_smile:

You have to to the translations yourself. And yes, that’s a huge pain.

Thanks Beatrix, where do you add the extra translation?

At the upper right corner is a menu for the languages:

I now need to find out how to add French, Spanish and Italian. You know that you can call support? They do screensharing and can show you what to do. I had to do this 2 times already.

If you have many languages to manage, I recommend using Fastlane to do this: https://fastlane.tools

Once fastlane is installed, create a new folder on your Mac.
Open a terminal window and navigate to that folder.

Then tap: fastlane deliver

Fastlane will create the folder structure to manage all languages after prompting for the App ID.
All you need to do is edit text files and then upload everything again using fastlane deliver

This saves a lot of time. And you can even manage your App Store metadata versions with Git.

[quote=479784:@Beatrix Willius]At the upper right corner is a menu for the languages:
I now need to find out how to add French, Spanish and Italian. You know that you can call support? They do screensharing and can show you what to do. I had to do this 2 times already.[/quote]

From the drop-down menu visible in your screenshot, place the mouse cursor over the language and click on the “+” button that will appear.

Thanks, Jeremie. The AppStoreConnect website seems to be as obfuscated as possible.

You’re welcome
Seems you have never used Facebook ads manager, it makes AppStore connect look like a web app made for 3rd grades =)

Grin… I’ve only used the Google Ads one. The interface still is confusing. But only Apple makes me curse. But very likely the Facebook Ads manager is in my future, too.

Thank you both :slight_smile:

Only problem is you have to release a new app version even though you aren’t changing the app just the store data :frowning:

IMO thats pretty ridiculous. Do a bug fix release with “Stability improvements and bug fixes” which is copied from the last Screenium update verbatim.

[quote=479821:@Jeremie Leroy]You’re welcome
Seems you have never used Facebook ads manager, it makes AppStore connect look like a web app made for 3rd grades =)[/quote]

Hi Jeremie. Have you done Facebook ads already for your apps ?

@Michel Bujardet : https://forum.xojo.com/59042-facebook-ads

The reason Apple do that is to prevent people from releasing an app with a particular description such as “Here is my tip calculator app”, which, after approval, the developer then changes to “OMG this is the new Animal Crossing game” or whatever.

Note that it’s still possible to have a small area at the top of the description, without going through approval, for special offers and so on. But for the main app description, in whatever language, it requires approval.