Text Font

Just moved a project from 2019 R1 to 2019 3.1.

A bunch of stuff is not working as expected. I’ll be putting them in separate posts.

For this one: There’s a label on the screen. It was set in the IDE as the italic system font in blue. In the simulator it shows as black, normal (not italic).

Tried subclassing iosLabel and setting the font in the open event. The open event fires, but the simulator still does not show italic.

???

Further information:

I changed the super of my label to iosLabel. Same behavior. It’s as if the info in the IDE is not being applied. I now have a 20 point pink label in the IDE; black and whatever the standard size is in the simulator.

-Bob

Do you have that Font in the Italic variation ?

An update (If I had any brains, I’d be dangerous.)

Was looking at the wrong view. That being said, I am now seeing the italics correctly (I’m looking at the right view.); but it’s supposed to be blue (it is in the IDE). I’ll see if I’ve done something else ridiculous.

Further update:

I subclassed the label. In the open event I set the font and textcolor properties. Now things look as expected.

Is there a known bug about the IDE colors not getting set?

I will continue.

-Bob

[quote=478915:@Bob Gordon]An update (If I had any brains, I’d be dangerous.)

Was looking at the wrong view. That being said, I am now seeing the italics correctly (I’m looking at the right view.); but it’s supposed to be blue (it is in the IDE). I’ll see if I’ve done something else ridiculous.[/quote]
There’s a known bug regarding non-ColorGroup colors always being default. Just create a ColorGroup with the color you want (or choose “Link” to get the OS color) and apply that to your labels.