Web styling question

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I’ve spent 20 minutes searching and can’t see anything.

I’m investigating platforms for producing a web app that I have a concept plan for and having used Xojo for previous desktop projects I naturally looked to here first.

The current version of Xojo web apps look quite dated and the style controls are very limited. I have been advised in another forum to use B4J and ABMaterial (which does look very nice) but I’d rather not run two disparate platforms alongside each other.

I guess my question is with Web Framework 2.0 coming soon has there been any news or announcements regarding styling?

Thank you in advance for any answers to this.

I have seen pretty looking web apps developed in Xojo. Web 2.0 is all new so I expect many good things.

If you have the chance, go to Xojo.Connect people will hear and be able to play with Web 2.0 there (March 25th).

i believe you can edit the style with a page source element, i used it once to add a font which is not web standard.
with css you could do everything.

with ms vs studio you can also make good web form apps with asp .net and code behind.
it need a web hosting service with asp .net or vps with windows server.

[quote=477949:@Alberto DePoo]I have seen pretty looking web apps developed in Xojo. Web 2.0 is all new so I expect many good things.

If you have the chance, go to Xojo.Connect people will hear and be able to play with Web 2.0 there (March 25th).[/quote]

Hi Alberto,

I’m in the UK and just can’t justify going. Would love to but the cost and the time out from my other business won’t warrant it.

Have a look at this thread

Thanks jvind, I was hoping for news about the forthcoming 2.0 rather than hacks around the current version. There are a few threads about doing what you linked to but in many of them Xojo staff are advising against it as it may break in future versions.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a few months :slight_smile:

[quote=477955:@Rod Pascoe]Hi Alberto,

I’m in the UK and just can’t justify going. Would love to but the cost and the time out from my other business won’t warrant it.[/quote]
I totally understand. I bet we will get blog posts about Web 2.0 during/after Xojo.Connect, we will have to wait a few more weeks.

Styling will be based around Bootstrap 3. You’ll be able to swap in your favorite theme for Bootstrap or design your own. You’ll also still be able to inject your own custom styling as needed of course. Here are my notes from last XDC’s session on it:

[quote]Bootstrap theme with Drop-in theme replacement
IDE Preview
Selective ControlLevel Customizations
Property-level style access
me.style.borderColor = &cFF0000
me.style.value(“border”) = “1px dashed #FF0000”[/quote]

Awesome, thanks Brock.