Review of ARGen from bkeeney.com

Wanted to take this moment and tell an anecdote. If you are like me in anyway, you do your due diligence before purchasing software or engaging in business with any company.

I’m tight with my money and will rationalize to the furthest extent why I do not need to make the purchase.

Back when Realbasic was its name and Dinosaurs roamed the earth, I found an article on https://bkeeney.com/rbinto/activerecord/
explaining how to implement ‘Active Record’. Good question, my friend. Active Record is essentially having an Object that models your database tables. Imagine having MyTable.FirstName. This was the cat’s meow. The bee’s knees. My coding errors went down, and my productivity went up. Not to lie, there was an upfront effort in modeling a large database with Active Record. however, it was worth it.

Moving forward Bkeeney.com, created ARGen. As always, I procrastinated and rationalized the purchase away. Hindsight is 20/20.

My Point in this, please don’t hesitate.

If you believe you can benefit from ‘objectifying’ your databases in Xojo, purchase ARGen.

Even if you have the slightest notion you would benefit from ARGen, purchase ARGen.

Better yet, download the free version and take it for a spin. It won’t generate any user interfaces and will limit you on only creating two ActiveRecord classes. Even so, you’ll get the feel.

ARGen has saved me countless hours by reducing my own stupidity of coding errors. Imagine having a Class Object that models a database table and offers autocomplete. But this isn’t even the tip of the ice burg, it’s just the start.
I love the fact that ARGen will create the UI for me, in desktop or web. Seriously, like magic. Not only do you get an Objectified Database, you get a pre-made, nice looking UI, that handles the Adds, Edits, and Saves for you.

Projects big or small, if I’m working with a database, I use ARGen.

The best thing…. ARGen is made by Bkeeney.com. When I contact their support, because of my stupidity. They are polite, courteous, and helpful.

Please, don’t repeat my mistakes. Get ARGen, sooner rather than later. Its worth it.

This was an unsolicited, unpaid product review