Target WEB need xojo cloud?

I am having a pro license and try to create a web app, but I cant build it, only deploy, and that requires a xojo cloud license, which makes no sense to me.
Why cant it build the web app to upload to my own server?

you must uncheck “xojo cloud” in the build settings at the bottom left of the ide navigator
and check the computer os you’re working on.

[quote=477369:@Guenter Kraemer]I am having a pro license and try to create a web app, but I cant build it, only deploy, and that requires a xojo cloud license, which makes no sense to me.
Why cant it build the web app to upload to my own server?[/quote]
You might want to reach out to hello@xojo.com

We don’t have access to your account details, but your forum account doesn’t look like it has a pro license. Note the difference in tags next to your name vs. Jean and myself.

[quote=477373:@Tim Parnell]You might want to reach out to hello@xojo.com

We don’t have access to your account details, but your forum account doesn’t look like it has a pro license. Note the difference in tags next to your name vs. Jean and myself.[/quote]

I am having a pro license, valid until May 2020.
What files should it create for a web app? executables? html/css/js or what?

All I’m saying is we can’t confirm that, hello@xojo.com can. This is a public forum, and you may need private license assistance.

Web apps look much like console apps when you build them.

This may help:
https://documentation.xojo.com/topics/application_deployment/web/deployment_overview.html

Option to Deploy to Xojo Cloud

Option to Build for macOS, Windows and Linux

Ok, got the linux standalone and also cgi, but all cause a server error 500 on a standard apache2 installation on a linux host. I guess it need some preparation on the server in order to run.

Yes, you need to configure CGI support on your apache2 installation or the CGI will not work.

For standalone, you will need to use a port different than 80 because apache is already using it. If you want https then a different configuration is needed too.

I configured apache, normal cgi script are also running fine, but xojo is looking for libunwind.8 or such, and I cant install that on centos 6.1 so it seems.
Thats a pain in the a… to get xojo web apps running or various server. I did not expect such problems.

It is just libunwind on CentOS

This page System requirements for current version — Xojo documentation mention CentOS 7.0 or later for Web Server.

Ah ok, then its out of discussion for me and I have to look for something other than xojo. The server I have to use run CentOS 6.1 and I cant force them to update it…

Be aware that CentOS 6.x EOL is 4th quarter 2020

Right, I will talk to them to migrate the server to CentOS 7.x. Thanks for the reminder!

Ok, it works on Linux Mint and CentOS 7. But why does it create old school .cgi? Is there any plan to generate php in future too?

CGI is not the only compile option that you have. You can compile standalone. Standalone generates an executable that includes its own web server. It is generally easier to setup than CGI and offers better performance.

The direction for web 2.0 coming some time this year as far as we know, is that it will compile to standalone. No CGI and certainly no PHP. Xojo applications are run on the server and dynamically generate javascript pages.