WYSIWYG component for editor full HTML file

I need a WYSIWYG HTML Editor for edit full HTML file.
I have tried several HTML editors like: gHTML Editor, Monkey Bread Software, Graffiti Suite, etc.
But everyone edits the body content and not the full HTML file, then the headers, styles, etc. And Monkey Bread Software instead completely upset the HTML code with each change, rewrite header, etc.

Can you recommend a good component for the visual HTML file editor?

Thnaks!

I have extensively used gHTML Editor (CKEditor) and Graffiti Suite (Quill) on desktop and web and have found that they all change your HTML.

Dreamweaver?

What you’re asking for is quite a bit beyond the scope of “component” in my opinion. (Though you’re not the first to ask for this)

My brain may not be what it used to be, but are you asking for a way to build a HTML “code” editor rather than a Rich Text Editor? In other words, you want to build a programming tool rather than a word processor-style tool?

If that’s the case, have you looked at https://graffitisuite.com/features/desktop-edition/graffitisyntaxeditor/ and have the results displayed/updated to an HTMLViewer?

My apologies if I guessed wrong.

https://htmlg.com/html-editor/

@Joost Rongen Wow that looks amazing!

But it is not a solution for me since I cannot download it (even after purchasing), to incorporate it into a Xojo app.

[quote=477051:@Gabriele Marchionni]But everyone edits the body content and not the full HTML file, then the headers, styles, etc. And Monkey Bread Software instead completely upset the HTML code with each change, rewrite header, etc.

Can you recommend a good component for the visual HTML file editor?[/quote]

I have never encountered any WYSIWYG editor that did not mess up the HTML code.

The least invasive of all, which I primarily use because of that is Blue Griffon which was originally created by Mozilla.

It does not mess up with headers at all. It tends to reformat the code (essentially returns), but without actually modifying it.

It is not a component, but perhaps you could launch it as a side app.

Since Blue Griffon contains Open Source Mozilla software, can this original code be added to a Xojo-based HTML editor?

I was not suggesting it could be added to a Xojo program. Just that it is the only WYSIWYG HTML editor I know of that does not modify the source.

I am afraid that short of creating the program from scratch, the OP may be chasing a wild goose.

[quote=477200:@Michel Bujardet]I was not suggesting it could be added to a Xojo program. Just that it is the only WYSIWYG HTML editor I know of that does not modify the source.

I am afraid that short of creating the program from scratch, the OP may be chasing a wild goose.[/quote]
I didn’t assume the OP only wanted a standalone editor, as their suggestions were all items to use within a Xojo app. I was wondering if this Mozilla technology might give me, the OP and other Xojo users another potential solution for their Xojo apps.

The “Mozilla technology” they’re referring to is the Gecko rendering engine explained on their website:
“It is powered by Gecko, the same rendering engine you can find at the heart of Firefox”

They are probably not referring to their proprietary editing tools that they would like you to pay for.

In Xojo terms, they’ve set the “Rendering Engine” property to “Mozilla” instead of “WebKit” or “Native” and are calling it a feature.

@Tim Parnell @Scott Cadillac @Michel Bujardet
I’m sorry, excuse me all. I wanted to say that I need a component to visually edit HMTL pages. Not a software like Dreamweaver but a component that works like Dreamweaver in my Xojo Desktop App.

@David Cox @Scott Cadillac @Joost Rongen
With gHTML (CKEditor), Graffiti Suite, htmlg.com/html-editor, you cannot edit the full contents of an file including tags etc. You can edit only the contents of the tag

With what you want, it would really make more sense to build a UI where this information is entered and stored separately, then combined with the body that’s built in a component like GraffitiHTMLEditor for a preview.

Like I mentioned earlier…

The Syntax editor has some nice features, which you can play with in the demo.

@Scott Cadillac thanks but I need a visual HTML editor, not a CODE editor.

Looks like you want something that does not exist…

Perhaps you should consider developing that control yourself.

Do you mean an editor that sort of corresponds to the Xojo IDE? Where you might drag a table into an empty webpage template, where you set the number of row/cols in the Inspector, then click a button to have that “compiled” to HTML?

Isn’t that what a CMS (Content Management System) does?

As FTC is to Microsoft Word
OP wants a “FTC” of Dreamweaver.

the “blue griffon” mentionned some posts ago is the closest of what you need, but it’s not a xojo plugin, it’s a complete app.

[quote=477987:@Tim Parnell]As FTC is to Microsoft Word
OP wants a “FTC” of Dreamweaver.[/quote]

FTC?