Reading Scripts from the Finder

I have three (3 !) Scripts in my Scrips folder and this is good.

I wanted to move two of them into the 3.1 folder, but I do not recall who are the two (I have to delete the third one as it was a try I never used).

So, I select the first and press the space bar to activate QuickLook: unlucky me ! This does not works !!
Imagine if you have tens or hundreds !

Am I the only one who want to do that ?
(If not, I may ask for a New Feature, else, if none care…)

For common file types (like PDF, plain text, HTML etc), Quick Look is automatic on the Mac. For other types, Xojo would have to do a little work. (FWIW, scripts are just plain text files and can be Quick Looked if you change the file extension to .txt, but that doesn’t help you here).

Submit a Feedback case if it’s important enough to you.

Thanks.

That is what I’ve done (and I do that a lot of times).

this is not a xojo problem as these scripts are ok with quicklook on my mac
there must be another quicklook plugin that shows them (and I don’t know which one…)

[quote=476913:@Jean-Yves Pochez]this is not a xojo problem as these scripts are ok with quicklook on my mac
there must be another quicklook plugin that shows them (and I don’t know which one…)[/quote]
Maybe you’re talking about Christian’s? I thought that was only for projects.
https://www.mbs-plugins.de/archive/2016-02-29/Check_our_QuickLook_Plugin_for/monkeybreadsoftware_blog_xojo

yes I have Christian’s quicklook plugin installed. may be it’s this one that shows .xojoscript files ?

Certainly.

Christian Rocks !

If you want to do this in your own application? I would suggest considering your own mechanism for loading and displaying a preview of files.

There are two mechanisms for QuickLook, one to show a QuickLook window and one to create an image of the QuickLook Preview. Sadly most of the latter has been deprecated for 10.15. I’ve already encountered files that the QuickLook image API won’t display on 10.15, while 10.11 is still quite happy to show. I’ve not tested the QuickLook Window functions as I want to display the preview in an area on my interface. The files still display correctly in the Finder, so I assume the Window option still works, just the preview function is broken, and being deprecated, I have little faith that it’ll be fixed.