Tabpanel

I have a tabpanel with 4 tabs that I use to organise my preferences with a dozen or so controls on each Tab.

On Mac it all appears fine but on Windows the controls on each Tab do not refresh or appear properly until I grab the Window Title bar and move the window.

I have tried putting Self.Invalidate or refresh in but it doesn’t behave any differently. Suggestions?

Could it have anything to do with it being a SheetWindow?

Changing to Modal improves the situation. I notice that while all controls are visible and usable on the Mac, some controls on Windows needed to be brought to the top level and now most are showing and working which is strange as they all are working on the Mac side.

If you could provide a screen-shot showing the visual difference between what you see on Mac vs. Windows (plus what version of Xojo you are using), that might help someone give you a hint in the right direction.

Nearly all my Windows desktop projects are based on a big Tabpanel control on the main window. I have one with 29 tabs and working fine. But my approach is to have only one containercontrol on each panel, dynamically instanced and put on each panel by code while starting the application. This approach makes it very easy and safe to maintain the content of each panel since you’re dealing with the containercontrol only.
As said, this approach is working proven fine on Windows and Mac, even scrollable forms heaped on top of the containercontrol work fine .

Are you able to replicate this in a small demo project?

It’s part of my template for desktop. Will find the time to rip this out an provide a demo a.s.a.p.

See, I am not the only one suggesting this approach.
https://forum.xojo.com/58546-subclassing-a-tabpanel-panel

Oh, I was referring to a demo showing the drawing problem.

Oh … yes … that save me time then.

Layer (or Tab order) seemed to be the problem on windows side. I added controls to different tabs in random order but once I reorganised and changed to Modal the problem went away ??