Exercises in Xojo

Hi,

I am currently looking to someone to help me developing a project using Xojo and I found someone that is interested in the job but never did any Xojo except when he applied for the job and that I told him it was in Xojo.

So the question is what kind of test can I give him to test his skills ? Maybe create a scenario that includes creating class/subclass, a form with database insert?

If you have any ideas, I would be glad to hear them !

Thank you

if someone is new to xojo i think he need some month to get into. xojo is easy and also it have specials.
i would give him a task that is your project in the abstract.
if you work together something that you can integrate into your work.
and you need to save your project i a format that you can compare the differences to migrate.
you can start with a mind map. yed-live/

nice !
xojo web app ???

[quote=474207:@Jean-Yves Pochez]nice !
xojo web app ???[/quote]
I don’t think so.
it is just a great tool for making diagrams. there is also a download as desktop solution.

What are his skills? I think that a developer needs to learn Xojo. If you aren’t willing to pay for that look elsewhere.

[quote=474204:@Markus Rauch]if someone is new to xojo i think he need some month to get into. xojo is easy and also it have specials.
i would give him a task that is your project in the abstract.
[/quote]
I had maybe more in mind to give him a little challenge instead of trying to get him in the project, it will take some times for him to understand the project and the current structure of it I think

He’s new in IT development and started a few month back but he’s willing to learn.

Problem solving is the critical factor. Can he think in algorithms? Take a very small portion of your app and let him try to make that.

Yeah I can try to set up something for him to solve, problem solving is indeed a critical factor

Just so you know, if you have a job that needs doing you can post a listing here to find someone who uses Xojo: https://www.xojo.com/resources/consultants.php