New Licences for older Xojo releases

I want to start trying to build 64 bit windows apps, but my current Windows licence is installed in a VM, using Xojo 2015
It won’t build 64 bit apps (just compiles forever)

Although it feels like I shouldnt need to buy another licence (I have a Pro on my Mac and a Lite in the VM already) … if I buy an extra new ‘Lite’ licence just to use on my ‘real’ Windows machine, will I be able to use it with Xojo 2015 and Xojo 2018?
(I don’t want to use 2019/2020 versions just yet)

Hi Jeff,

Yes, all Xojo licenses will give you access to older Xojo releases. So if you buy a new license in order to compile 64-bit apps, it will also let you use Xojo 2015.

Edit - looking into your account you have a Desktop license that just expired last year. You can use that license to compile 64-bit apps so no need to buy a new license.

Thanks @Alyssa

It’s installed in a VM and it doesn’t succeed in building 64 bit in that environment.
On my windows laptop I have an IDE only version installed at the moment, and although it runs 64 bit in debug mode, there is a LOT I need to tweak to make my app run properly.

Can I use that desktop licence on my windows laptop and my VM, or would it need swapping back and forth between machines over and over if I wanted to use both?
There’s only me coding, and only one machine being used to compile at a time.

HI Jeff, Your Desktop license can be activated on 2 machines at one time, so, yes.

What release of Xojo are you using?

Edit, 2 not 3 machines. Forgive me it’s early there in PT!

Well well.
I am a happy bunny. :slight_smile: