What was the Feedback # for labels reverting to left text alignment?

Topic says all. Can’t find it neither in forum nor in Feedback. It was fixed during the 3.1 beta cycles but is back with 3.1 release.

Was it listed as fixed in the 3.1 release notes?

Don’t remember. I noticed it was gone – I think already with the first 3.1 Beta –, but did not check it in the release notes.

Not sure if this is the same one or not but it’s certainly relevant. <https://xojo.com/issue/57710>

How to reproduce under 2019R3.1?

@Rick Araujo : Set a label to right text alignment on a desktop project, save and reload. It is back to left.

@Gavin Smith : Thanks! I am certain I saw a better fitting one, and it was for 2019r3.

Open a new feedback entry and explain such loss during the 3.1 process. Silent losing object properties is unacceptable and can cause irreversible project damages. I’m afraid about extra unnoticed losses that can be occurring, and I know that sometimes they fix those things for one format and another one still doing bad things (bin, xml, text).

I’m unable to reproduce it. Something else seems missing in the steps, or it is related to differences in our environments.

Thanks for checking, Rick. For me, it stays the same. Are you on Mac too?

Yes. But cautiously on Sierra 10.12.6

Would be great someone using Crapolina check it as well.
Do we now have an extra error layer for damaging/losing properties? 3 save/load formats + weirdness of the underlying OS version ?

Doesnt do that mere on 10.14.6

Can’t reproduce it on Catalina 10.15.2 with Xojo 2019r3.1.

Ulrich, download the 3.1 release again and reinstall. Are you creating a new project or adding a label to an old project or something else?

I cannot reproduce the issue with Xojo 2019r3.1 unter macOS Mojave. Labels with right aligned text stay that way.

Oh. Ugh. So it seems to be project or system related. Yuck.
Will do some tests. Thanks!