Collect Project Items... doesn't work

When I select “Collect Project Items…”, Xojo gives me the warning stating that this operation can’t be undone. I confirm it. The result is an error, and the project items are not collected into the project. The error is:

one-of-the-image-files (element 1) already existed and was not overwritten

When expanded this error reads:

one-of-the-image-files.Name - one-of-the-image-files (element 1) already existed and was not overwritten one-of-the-image-files one-of-the-image-files.Name - one-of-the-image-files (element 2) already existed and was not overwritten one-of-the-image-files one-of-the-image-files.Name - one-of-the-image-files (element 3) already existed and was not overwritten one-of-the-image-files

I deleted this image file and added it again, tried again, same result. Xojo2019r1.1, MacOS 10.13.6

I believe we recently fixed this bug. Have you tried this in 2019r3?

From what I understand, when you collect Project Items, image references from outside your project are placed in a folder called “Images”. The /Images folder will be within the folder containing your *.xojo_project file.

Are you deleting from this /Images folder?

That’s the error I used to get (pre-2019r3) and that was my fix for this message.

I hope that helps.

No, only because I was in the middle of releasing things when the API 2.0 came out, and I didn’t update anything out of fear I would have to deal with new problems (even though I had already renewed my licences for the next 2 years). Now my releases are done, I should update.

Oh, no. You’re right. That explains where the mysterious “images” folder came from. I thought I had accidentally put it there.