MariaDB API 2.0 Error on BeginTransaction

Hello,

I have the code starting like

Try App.sqlBase.BeginTransaction App.sqlBase.ExecuteSQL(query)

And on Begin transaction I have a DatabaseException error saying :

Previous API does not crash when calling that as well not having this when using MySQL Mac version, Any idea what is broken here ?

Any idea where could be the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

sounds like what ever the Xojo plugin is using for beginning the transaction is syntactically invalid

you could just execute the begin transaction line manually with the correct statement
in fact doing that might narrow down if it really is the begin transaction or perhaps somethign unterminated in a prior query

if you changed that to

Try
  App.sqlBase.ExecuteSQL("START TRANSACTION")
  App.sqlBase.ExecuteSQL(query)

and you get no error then its definitely the begin transaction call in the xojo api

if you still get the same error then its something else

Hello Norman,

Apparently putting that it works smooth but I guess that will break the code on SQLite where the transaction goes with “BEGIN TRANSACTION” but that could be adapted but I guess there is something wrong in the API2 that messes the logics . I guess it could be a bug ?

And apparently there is a bug and submitted already and still not fixed still . (https://xojo.com/issue/58304)]https://xojo.com/issue/58304 .

I just hope to see this eventually fixed in the next Release I assume 3.1 otherwise it will be quite a mess for a lot of code.

Thanks.

[quote=472150:@Aurelian Negrea]I just hope to see this eventually fixed in the next Release I assume otherwise it will be quite a mess for a lot of code.
[/quote]
It will not appear until the ticket is marked as fixed.

I guess that’s obvious :slight_smile:

I suppose my point might have been that they’ve provided no indication that it will be fixed in any upcoming release. So to hope for the very next release would be unwise.

well indeed , as well to ship a version to the customers that will fail and make a lot of mess is as well not fun so unfortunately we have to patch again the code until Xojo fixes theirs .